Here are some funny pictures of Beckham. Lately he seems to be having major plumber bum. I think his waiste line has expanded making his pants and diapers a little small. There's something about buying that next size up in diapers (size 6), you get less for the money. He was running around last night and we were just laughing at his bum peeking out of his pants that we had to take a few pictures.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Mom, Please Let Us Have a Dog and Expanding Waiste Line
So, I am on the outs with my family because I won't let them get a dog. Jason has been begging and begging me to let him get a dog. He has persuaded the kids that we need a dog and that it would be so much fun. So, last night my sister Becky came over with her brand new Lab (7 weeks old), which they named Sadie. After they left Jason and my kids were pouting for a dog. I will admit the dog was cute and I even let it snuggle with me but, they grow up and will soon be big, wild, hairy and a pooping machine. My friend Suzie (major dog lover) agrees that I am just not ready for this time commitment or change in my life. I am trying to convince Jason that maybe after he finishes school it would be a better time for our family to get a dog. He seems to think that our family can't wait and that the kids need one now to help with the move. We will see who wins????



Here are some funny pictures of Beckham. Lately he seems to be having major plumber bum. I think his waiste line has expanded making his pants and diapers a little small. There's something about buying that next size up in diapers (size 6), you get less for the money. He was running around last night and we were just laughing at his bum peeking out of his pants that we had to take a few pictures.

Here are some funny pictures of Beckham. Lately he seems to be having major plumber bum. I think his waiste line has expanded making his pants and diapers a little small. There's something about buying that next size up in diapers (size 6), you get less for the money. He was running around last night and we were just laughing at his bum peeking out of his pants that we had to take a few pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Kellie, What is it with men and dogs!!! Mike started begging for one when we moved here. I kept pushing it off telling him I did not want to deal with a dog and babies at the same time. Well, he went out this last Sept. and just brought one home without telling me. I was so mad! Unfortunately he knew that was going to be the only way he could get one, and he was right. I have to admit the kids absolutely love the dumb dog and they play so well together. I on the other hand still am not on the dog's top ten list! Good luck with the fight!
Heather
oh kellie... i think you are going to lose the fight. you looked too cute holding that puppy. so good luck with the poop machine, let me know how it goes.
we love plumber bum! he is so stinkin cute!
Darling puppy. I think you have an uphill battle with that one. Too bad you can't just site major allergic reactions to fur like me. I can't be in a room with a dog or cat and not start sneezing and break out in hives. My poor kids just know it's out of the question. I guess that is why Josh wrote on the 100 day of school he would wish for 100 dogs and 100 puppies. Talk about tons of poop 200 doggies could make!
I love Beckham. He's darling, plumber bum and all. And I agree with the whole diaper things. I'll squish them in the smaller size for as long as possible so I can get more for my buck!
When I read the title "expanding waistline" I thought that you might be pregnant too! Man, am I being left in the dust or what!? lol. If it's any consolation, I think you shouldn't get a big dog either. Get a little dog like Socks... He is the easiest thing to take care of ever!
Kel, stay strong!!! Zak and the boys have also pressured me to get a dog & I firmly stand by my "NO". Just think, having to potty train one more thing...that can't even communicate with you. Sounds like a nightmare to me. They are cute, that's how they reel you in - just tell your family that they can go visit Becky's dog any time they want. Good luck...sounds like an uphill battle. Hang in there!
...and I know what you mean about moving up in diaper size. I still haven't left the size 4 with Dawson!
Kellie,
Look how cute that little puppy is, how can you so no! Just kidding. I keep telling my kids that we can get a puppy when everyone in the house can wipe their own bums! I feel like I deal with enough poop as it is (see my blog for details) Good luck!
When are you moving? Welcome back to the Midwest :)
Kacie
Kellie,
DO NOT GIVE IN! I gave in and I am hating every minute of it! Our lab was sweet and cute at first but then she became crazy! They are so big and they jump on the kids! My kids begged for a dog and now not one of them want to help take care of her! I admit that I do like her, but the time I have to spend taking care of her is killing me. It is like having a fifth kid. Hope you win this fight!
Jill
Kel, Take it from someone who is living with a puppy, DON'T DO IT! My mom and dad's new boxer is oh, so cute, but oh, SO MUCH WORK! When they get the urge, just puppy sit for Becky for a few hours and they'll change their minds! Aly
Oh that Beckham, he is SO cute! I am so excited to have Kaitlyn and him play together in less than 2 months. I'm sure they will be quite the pair.
We almost got a dog last year, we even paid for it and everything. I totally did NOT want it. It was going to be an indoor dog too, so finally Wade realized that having a small indoor dog and a small indoor baby probably wasn't the right combination. So we got our money back (at least I think we did) and now we are still dog-less. As for Beckham's bum, my friend's little girl (who is Ella's age) cannot for the life of her keep her pants up. I even tried to cinch them tighter, but there's something about her bum and tummy that will not keep them up no matter how tight the pants are. And diapers, when Seth was 2, he was wearing size 5 from Sam's Club and I was dreading having to put him in size 6. So I was Target and realized that the Huggies and Pampers size 5 are a ton bigger than Sam's Club. So maybe try that one out. Because size 6 diapers just scream "get that kid potty trained," and since Beckham's nowhere near that stage, you don't need the headache.
Kellie...stay strong! I already convinced Kami to get a dog and we all know what a disaster that was. I will not make, or let my friends, make the same mistake again. I love my dogs, but that is because they are old and lazy and just lay around the house all day w/ minimal mess or effort on my part. Good luck and just tell Jason, "maybe as a graduation present" (secretly hoping that he will forget about dogs by then!). Suzy
Oh, quit being a baby. You can do it! Three kids, trying to sell a house, and husband heading off to school is no big deal. Think of the dog cuttling up to you when Jason's not there. I think it would be a wonderful site. Ha Ha!! Just kidding.
I finally went a size bigger (5)with Paityn. It was an agonizing decision since she goes through a zillion diapers a day. If she pees at all the diaper has to come off. Is it time to potty train?
Michelle
Hey Kellie,
It is Heather Teeples. I found your cute blog through Stacie Neeley's. What an adorable family you have. I don't think I ever met little Beckham. I just wanted to say HI. How fun it was to see your blog and see all the fun things you have been up too.
I would love to invite you to my blog. So write me a quick note to this e-mail and I will send you an invite. heather10hst@sbcglobal.net
Love,
Heather Teeples :)
Kel, Bytheway- Will is still wearing size 3 diapers! He's off the charts tall and skinny as skinny gets. It's amazing how different he and Zac are (Zac ended up in a 6 before being potty trained.)
Post a Comment