I have been doing a few renovations around the house to get it ready to put on the market and Beckham seems to be creating more messes for me to fix. I was cleaning the floor and Beckham, whose new craze is Clorox wipes and wiping down the floor and walls, got a hold of my Lysol with Bleach and sprayed it on the carpet leaving two bleach spots. Luckily I caught him before it was too bad and we do have light carpet.
I have been in a frenzy of getting rid of "stuff" and everything I put in the bag to give to Good Will Beckham takes out. This is his way of teasing me, which he loves to do. Last week we decided to put in new closet doors with thicker trim. My brother-in-law DJ did all the handy work but, left me with the painting. So this week we have been busy painting. Beckham loves to help so, I gave him a paint brush and let him pretend to paint the shelves and walls. This literally entertained him for a good hour. Hopefully Beckham and I will survive having my house on the market.
The final product!! (minus the handles)
5 comments:
We certainly didn't appreciate how quickly we could get things done BEFORE we had kids huh! They are great, and keep us laughing, but they tack on a good hour to every project we start! I am feeling for you. My girls are the queens of messes and it doesn't help that my Matt has yet to clean up his toys in his entire 6 1/2 year life.
Good job on all the projects. The new doors look fantastic! (BTW do your sisters live close? I noticed Michelle in a few phots a while back and you wrote that Becky's DJ did the doors. Just wondering?)
I too am purging all my junk and sending it to Good Will. I think it's theraputic to get rid of old things. Now I just need to stop buying new things to replace the old, but that just simply isn't going to happen!
kellie!!! i just read about your moving plans! wow! congratulations! that is so fantastic that jason got in to the program. but seriously, what's with these men and their pursuits? justin has been talking jibberish about moving abroad...like australia or london. for just a couple of years.
good luck with the selling the house thing. i am not looking forward to that at all. and yes, we need to meet in chicago for sure.
I feel your pain- We have been getting our old house ready for renters and it has been an exhausting and tedious experience!
When do you guys actually need to be in Indiana? Good luck with the move and selling the house! I don't want to go through all that in a couple of years when we build. The closet looks awesome!!!
Kel, I haven't talked to you in forever. I'll call you this week. Aly
Post a Comment