Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas 2007




We had such a great Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve sledding with friends and eating a Christmas Eve dinner prepared by Jason (Jason has turned into the chef in our household). We woke up Christmas morning opened presents and ate breakfast with my family. Christmas afternoon we drove to Utah to spend Christmas night with the Barney's and spend the rest of our break in Utah. It was fun to visit with family at family parties and Ohio friends at the Ohio Christmas party at Kelly's. It was also fun to see friends from High School at our annual friend Christmas party at Sam's. New years was a little uneventful because Beckham was sick with the croup, double ear infections, and Conjunctivitis (yeah it was fun). Jason did go to the Jazz game with Nick and then we did visit with Kyle and Aly as we brought the new year in the old fashioned way watching Dick Clark and the ball drop on TV. While in Utah we also celebrated Jason's Birthday at Brick Oven. He turned 32 years old. For his Birthday he is going to New Orleans with Mike to watch the Buckeye's play in the National College Football game (Hopefully they will play better than last year). Even though the kids got sick we had a great break. It will be hard to get back in to our old routine.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I am glad you were able to go to all the fun parties and have fun with the family. Steve was saying how big Beckham has gotten. He looks so much like a little boy and not a baby now.

Cheryl said...

What a fun trip, though I was so sad to read that your kiddos weren't feel too well. I am so sorry about Beckham. I hope he is back to 100% by now.

I am impressed that you got up on Christmas morning, did the whole present thing and then drove to Utah. Wow! How many hours does that take?

I am so glad you were able to see Ohio and high school friends. One day we'll be in town and we'll be able to join in the fun.

Happy birthday to Jason. I hope the Buckeye's get a victory. He would love my cousin Stephanie's husband Shane. He grew up in Cleveland and is a die hard Buckeye. They even wore their gear in their Christmas card!

Good luck transitioning back. My boys were zombies this morning. Thank heavens it's almost the weekend!