Sunday, January 20, 2008

Reality Check and Finally Time to Post

Reality has set in, that we are going to be moving in the next couple of months. For those that may not know, we are moving to Indianapolis. Jason is going to do an endodontic (specialist who specializes in root canals) residency for the next two years at the University of Indiana. I know this is probably a shock to some because we seemed to be settled here in Grand Junction. It all kind of came as a shock to us as well. Jason has always wanted to specialize and when our practice plans didn't happen as planned we looked at other options. Going back to school ( I do not know why) just seemed like the right thing to do. Luckily Jason got in to the University of Indiana. It seems like everything has fallen into place (hopefully it will continue to do so)and this is definitely the direction the Lord wants us to go. So we are headed back to the Midwest, which excites yet scares me. I am excited about living in a bigger city and a new adventure. However, I am fearful of the Midwest weather, student life with no money, and sad to leave family and friends. I have been busy the last couple of weeks meeting with Realtors and getting my house in order that I haven't been able to blog. In the mist of all the chaos we have done some fun things.

Here are some photos of Jason's trip to New Orleans. Despite the heartbreaking loss Jason and Mike had fun. They hung out on Bourbon street, ate at many of New Orleans famous restaurants, saw the city sights, went to the Buckeye pep rally, and of course the game.



Yesterday we went to Rabbit Valley and went four wheeling with friends. We had a bomb fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. It was so fun. Mckinley and Mckay loved four wheeling. Beckham even got in on the action. I got on the sled with him as the four wheeler pulled us and he just chuckled. He loved driving the four wheeler with Jason and walking in the snow.



This January we have been blasted with a lot of snow and cold weather. Beckham just loves to play outside and walk outside in the snow. Jason was shoveling our walks and the kids went out and played at 7:00 PM. It was too cold for me.

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your snow really puts our snow to shame! Just looking at those pictures makes me feel cold! Glad to see you guys are living it up before you more out closer to us! I am pretty excited about you guys living within driving distance! We will for sure have to do Thanksgiving. Beckham looks like such a big boy now. I can't believe how much he has changed since the last time I saw him. Give you kids a big hug for us!

The Neeleys said...

This is the first I have heard of the news! Congrats! I am excited and sad for you at the same time. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience-just like OHIO...right?! Good Luck with all the big changes in life. I know you will make friends wherever you go! Keep us posted!

Anika said...

Wow! Good luck at school- Jason is so smart! That will be so exciting. I'm moving on Wednesday, and I just started packing today. I want to cry...

kelly l said...

i wish my dumb web filter wouldn't block everyone's slide shows. i'll have to re-check your blog when i go up to your in-laws, but good luck with all the moving stuff. i think the worst part of moving to indiana will be the actual packing and moving. i wish i lived closer so i could help. good luck with selling the house.
kelly

Cheryl said...

wow, Wow, WOW! What big news. Congrats to you Jason on getting in at the University of Indiana. That is tough.

I am very happy for your family, but know how much stress moving to a new place, leaving family and friends and becoming a student again can be.

First off, I have to say I love Indianapolis. It is a great city and I have been there a number of times. It is only 3 hours from here, but when I lived in Louisville it was under 2. I got a year pass to the children's museum. It is amazing. You'll have to check it out. 4 stories of fun! We also went up for NCAA basketball games and went to a Pacers game. The Pacers arena is incredible!

I am so happy for you and hope your house sells quickly, that everything goes as planned and that you will enjoy your time there.

Will you be moving back to Colorado when Jason completes his schooling? Two years will fly by!

Congrats again!

Tiffany said...

Hey, I've already started looking for cheap flights to Indiana to come visit you! Good luck with all the prep work! I'd love to come to the Drill competition. I think Zak has next weekend off, so that's a perfect excuse for some "girl time"!!! Let me know when it is, & I'll meet you there.

Tiffany said...

p.s. I love the new background and family picture. Very darling!

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! And I am not really a runner I am trying to be!! I'm not like you and Jason...maybe one day! My question is how do you stay consistent with your kids and husband gone all the time! When do you find the time?!? That's my problem...no time for myself! Your family picture is so cute and I hope everything goes good with the big move and new adventure! Not that you haven't been there before! Good luck!
Karleigh

Celeste said...

I just discoverd the "pyzam" templates from my friend, Stacy and I picked this same layout! When I checked yours, I changed it to something else...first I copy your Pilot and now your blog template?! Hahaha...anyway, yours looks awesome. By the way, did your music download onto the new template w/o any problems? My music playlist didn't download so I'm going to try and add it now. Thanks! Your family picture is so cute. You guys should be models for something...:)

Anonymous said...

Super Cute Family picture! I love how that little Beckham is so happy with his daddy. Good Luck on your new adventure! You have a good attitude about it, and will make some more great memories. Kelli S.

Sarah Lunt said...

We're excited to have you guys back out here in the midwest! You guys are invited out to see the Buckeyes play anytime! I love the new family picture and background, can't believe how big your kids are.
Good luck with everything,
The Lunts

Lindsay said...

Just thought I'd say that I love the new blog layout! I am very impressed. You are quite the blogger these days!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I am so sad that you are moving, and your post really made it seem more real for me to. What will my girls do w/o Mckinley...what will I do w/o you for that matter?? However, we are so happy for you and your family and new opportunities!!! Your new blog layout is adorable and you have the cutest family pic. You'll have to let me know how to get a new cute background for my blog (if I every get back into blogging).