Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pictures over the past week

Here are some random pictures and events that occurred over the past week or two that I didn't post.

Over Memorial Day weekend we were busy packing up our house. The movers came on Friday and we were left with an empty house. We stayed on air mattresses in our house until Tuesday, the day we closed. We tried to get out over the weekend so that our house didn't seem so lonely and bare. On Sunday we went to Glenwood Springs to watch my niece Cydney play soccer and take in some attractions.
We rode the Gondola up to Glenwood Caverns for some cave tours, a great view of the city and mountains, and a few adventures.
Beckham wasn't so sure about the gondola ride. He never cried but, looked extremely nervous.
We rode the Roller Coaster at the top of the mountain. This ride is a lot like the Alpine Slide in Park City but, you are attached to the slide.
Mckay and Mckinley took in some rock climbing.
We ended our weekend with a trail run up Pollicks (Devils Canyon), some light cleaning, and the JUCO world Series. My kids have loved going to the Junior College World Series, which is hosted by Grand Junction every year. My kids love the game of baseball, cheering for their favorite team (which was Alvin from Texas), The snow Cones, and staying up really late. It has been a great week of baseball.


Mckinley's class went to Moon Farm for a field trip. Beckham and I decided to join them for a few hours. They loved the animals and the make believe fortresses.

Before we packed up our house we had the Chapman gang for the night while there parents went to Utah. My kids will miss their cousins and having them so close by.
Beckham loves eating with the big kids.

5 comments:

kelly l said...

cute pictures of the kids. so are you guys officially moved out? are you in utah and is jason staying to work for a while? too many questions. i'll have to e-mail you and good luck.

Unknown said...

Looks like you have had a fun couple of weeks and a good start on summer! See you in a couple of weeks!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

The last few weeks have been so busy! I agree that we will probably be broke and exhausted by the end of the summer if it keeps going at this pace. I think I'll have to add Glenwood Caverns to our "to-do" list...it looks fun.

Sarah Lunt said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are done. I bet you'll miss CO, it looks like you guys had a great time there. Hopefully we can enjoy some Buckeye Football together this Fall!

Celeste said...

I never knew about the glenwood gondola and fun things to do there. We will have to check it out. It was funny to see Beckham's look of anxiety on the ride! You have the cutest family.