Monday, June 16, 2008

Mckay Turns 8 and is Baptized

It seems like we have been celebrating Mckay's birthday the past month. But, on June 12th he finally had his real birthday. This was his special birthday, turning 8 he was able to be baptized. We were able to baptize him in Grand Junction last Saturday. He was so excited but, a little nervous. He looked so grown up and so handsome. He seemed to glow and he continually gave me hugs and told me he was so happy. It was so nice to have the support of family and friends. Many traveled from Utah and we were grateful for their efforts. It was a neat day.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mckay looks so handsome Kel! It makes me sad seeing all those pictures, that we weren't able to be there. I'm glad it all went well and we were definitely thinking about Mckay on his big day! By the way, you look so tan! I love your hair long!

Kelli Schwarz said...

What a great day!!! He looks so happy and such a handsome boy! You have such a beautiful family. It's so great to have such special days like that and share it with the people you love. I love Mckinley's costume for her dance review. I would have loved it too!

Tiffany said...

Can you believe that our little batman cape wearing, peeing in the bushes, ninja turtle gurus are 8 years old!!!! I just can barely stand it! Dallin loved looking at the pictures of McKay! What a fun day! He is such a cute kid....he'll always hold a special place with our family!!! Love you guys!

kelly l said...

i love tiffany's comment. she just forgot upside-down glasses wearing boy. congrats to mckay. i hope he's been good since the big day. is that a j crew corduroy dress that you're wearing? if so, i have the same one. i love it with the red shoes. your family is super cute. i hope the move went ok this weekend. post pictures of the new digs soon.

gibbfamily said...

How exciting! I can't believe little McKay is 8 already. When do you how to Indiana? Good luck with the move!

MARCY said...

Kellie i just wanted to say hi. Your blog is so cute, you have a darling family. I hope every thing is going well for you guys. Take care. Marcy Romero