Friday, July 4, 2008

Last Few Weeks in UTah, Road Trip to Indiana, and we have landed in Hoosier Country

The last few weeks before we moved we were homeless living with family in Utah and Grand Junction. The time seemed to fly by and we were so busy saying our last goodbyes to friends and family. I will always cherish these last couple of weeks. Here are a few of the highlights.

Lunch with UVSC Cheer Friends It has been almost 10years since I have seen some of these girls. It was so fun to reminisce with them and laugh about old memories. We seemed to reconnect so well just like we were in college. We definitely need to get together more often.

Lagoon trip with cousins
Visit with Grandma Beth We don't know how much longer we will have Grandma Beth around so we decided we better go see her before we leave to Indiana. She looked so good and was so interactive with the kids.


Trip to the Zoo with Ohio Friends it was good to see my best friends from Ohio. It has been so nice to stay in touch with them and to get together. I am looking forward to Christmas when we can get together again.


BYU Football Camp Mckay had fun going to BYU football camp, DONS baseball camp and Rocky Mountain Baseball camp with his cousins and friends.



Trip to the Spanish Fork Reservoir



Drive Across Country, Nauvoo, Carthage and Liberty Jail Jason's mom and dad made the long journey with us so we made a few stops along the way to take in some church sites. As soon as we closed on our house we were busy laying Traver tine in two bathrooms and the entryway. The house had carpet (yuck) in the bathrooms so it has made a huge difference.

We have also been busy painting. I still have a lot more painting to do but, it has been fun experimenting and seeing the results. I will post more of the house as soon as I am finished piecing it all together, which might take some time. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Barney for helping us drive out our car and for helping us do an Extreme Makeover to the house in two days. Also, thanks to Grandma Marilynn for flying Beckham out on the plane and for also lending her skills.

WE have been in Indiana about 10 days. At church last Sunday I was talking about The Ohio State Buckeyes and someone informed me that we were in Hoosier country now. Well I hope I adjust to Hoosier country. We are liking it so far. I am a little homesick for my friends and family but, I will adjust and that is the purpose of cell phones and blogging.




10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow Kel, what a crazy few weeks! Looks like you guys really had a wonderful time though. I am really anxious to see more pictures of your new house. Can't wait to hear all about your new adventure in Indiana. Talk to you soon!

Chapman Family said...

We miss you!! I can't hardly go to your blog when Jaxon's around because he starts to cry. We hope you had a good 4th of July. Love ya!
Michelle

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you made it! Sounds like you had a fun trip on the way out! Good luck out there I'm sure you'll enjoy it and make a lot of new friends!

Higginson Family said...

Hey Kel I'm glad you finally made it. I hope things are slowing down for you guys. Can't wait to see your house. Keep the pictures coming.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

It sounds like everything is going well, but BUSY, with all of your new adventures. Our summer has been quite boring in comparison...I'm just getting bigger by the day and waiting for the baby to come. Kayla has been planning her bday party and we were making a guest list the other day and she told me it was so hard to know who to invite now that Mckinley is gone. I know how she feels...things just aren't the same without you guys around. I can't wait to hear more updates!! Love,
Suzy

kelly l said...

i'm so glad to see your new post. glad to hear you guys made it out to hoosier country. i guess jason will have to find a new team to be a fan of. is that disloyal to the buckeyes? hurry and post more pics of the new house. we'll definitely have to do another christmas party this year. it was so fun to see you at the zoo. and how nice that you didn't have to make the cross country trip with beckham. your mom is awesome.

gibbfamily said...

once a buckeye, always a buckeye! you'll just have to let those Hoosiers know who rules!
Good luck with unpacking and getting the house how you like it!

Keri Cranmer said...

Kellie, Hey it is Keri Klug. From the looks of your blog it seems you have had quite the adventure traveling across the country. I have taken that trip many a times, my grandparents live in Indiana. If you get the chance to go to Chicago you need to take your kids to the Field museum, and Shedd aquarium. They are across the street from Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears. The museum, and aquarium are fantastic! My kids love going there, we go about every other year. I wanted to drop by and let you know we have a web site for the class of 95' I was hoping you would add your name to it. The address is: www.sfhs1995.blogspot.com If you are in contact with anyone else from our class it would be great if you would let them know too! Thanks!! Good Luck with school, I hope to keep in touch. Keri

Tiffany said...

Hey, wow...what a whirlwind for you guys. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're adjusting! I hear those HOosier fans are about as wild as the Buckeye fans...I have a feeling it won't take them long to convert you! :) I'm so impressed with all your home makeover skills - I can't wait to see more pictures! It was so fun seeing you and Dal loved hanging out with McKay. Can't wait to see you at Christmas! Good luck with everything! Love ya!

Sarah Lunt said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are back in the midwest already! It looks like you had a nice trip out and are already getting settled. We hope to see you at a Buckeye game soon! Tell those Hoosiers that you're no traitor!