We have been a little busy that the fourth of July sneaked upon us. We had no real plans for the day so we took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda. Jack Black was hilarious and the kids had a great time. Beckham yelled "Panda" the entire show so, I am sure no one else enjoyed it. That evening we were invited over to some ward members house for a BBQ and fireworks. It was fun to meet other couples from the ward and to get acquainted with them. I even found a few runners in the crowd and I have found me a new running partner for a couple days a week. My ward has been so friendly. This week we have had the bishopric over and three ladies from the ward have called to have the kids come play or have invited us over. It is such a comfort to have the church and have immediate friends. I have also joined the YMCA and we have been busy going there to swim and workout. I am really starting to feel at home and I am really enjoying the area and my time out here so far.
Here are some pictures of the day. The movie clips are funny. Beckham wasn't to sure about the fireworks. He kept saying "scary". He never cried but, as you can see he was a little unsure of them.




To clear up any concerns that Jason and I are becoming Hoosier fans-- We definitely will not be Hoosier fans. Jason is a devout Buckeye who bleeds scarlet and grey. We have been excited to move to the Midwest to get a little closer to the BIG 10 and watch the Buckeyes and he and Mike are already talking about a trip to Florida! We will never be traitors to our Buckeyes.
12 comments:
Kellie
I'm glad you are making new friends and finding running buddies. We miss you.
Love
Michelle
I love Beckham watching the fireworks. He looks so stinking cute. Drew didn't like the fireworks either. Glad to hear you guys are being welcomed and already have playdates and running friends. I love the church outside of Utah (boo to wards in Utah).
I'm glad to hear thet everything is going good and that you are gettting situated out there!
welcome back to the midwest! As you saw on my blog about the rankings, outside of Indianapolis was ranked #1, so it must be nice there. Are the kids adjusting okay? If you come to Columbus, give me a call!
Looks like fun Kel! I am glad to hear you are all doing so well. I told Steve it's nice to have someone from the family on Eastern Time now. I will talk to you soon!
Beckham is so stinking cute! I love his facial expressions in that video.
Hi, it has been so long! I saw your name on the new sfh blog and was excited to see your darling blog. I live in Oregon and have two boys and two girls. they are so much fun. Take care, and hope all is going well.
mary morley ethington
Hoosier fans??? I would never think that....GO BUCKS....and I am not sure if we will go to florida if they make it there. Everytime we go we lose. Maybe we are bad luck, but if they do it will sure be hard to resist a trip there so plan on it Jason!!!!
Hey, we've been thinking about you guys tons lately as we've been starting a new chapter in our fellowship and wondering how your new life is....welcome back to school now....officially I guess!!! :) Just as awesome as you remember it huh! I'm so glad your ward is cool - that can make all the difference! LOVE the pictures of Beckham, he is getting so big, I can't believe it! Glad your 4th was fun!
Kellie, This is Lyndee. I met you today at the Bounce Zone. I am in shock. Doug went to Ohio State. We were also very good friends with the Teeples and the Rosvall's. What a smail world. Doug will be so excited that he has another Buckeye in the ward. It was so fun getting to know you and your kids.
So glad to hear you are doing well and getting to know people. You will always have good friends wherever you go. You are such a sweet person. Happy Birthday by the way! Hope you have a GREAT DAY!
love,
Stacie
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE LOVING YOUR NEW PLACE... WE MISS YA GUYS!!
Post a Comment