Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Football Season and the New Dud's

Mckay is going to play football this fall and he starts in two weeks. I have received about five emails from his coach informing me of the 2 hour practices twice a week (in which we need to arrive fifteen minutes early so that we can get started on time), the attire that should be worn, and his football coaching strategies. I think we may be in a little over our heads. Mckay is so excited and so for family home evening last night we went to Dick's to by his attire (I know very spiritual). Many dad's were there getting their supplies for the upcoming football season. I just laughed watching these dads outfit their boys. Many were making their boys run laps around the store to make sure the cleats were perfect. Another father and son were arguing over football pants, which was comical. My husband, although not to the same degree, was included in this frenzy. If you know Jason, he has to have the best, never skimps when it come to sporting equipment and loves outfitting my kids for sporting events. So, after we bought mouth guards, a cup, football pants with pads, football cleats, football socks, and football gloves we left the store way over budget and with two happy boys (Jason and Mckay). Mckay was so excited that when we came home he had to try on all his gear. I have to admit he did look cute in all his gear, I just hope he plays as good as he looks. After we got him all decked out we played a little football outside. The whole family got involved. Beckham was sweating profusely and even Mckinley ran a few plays. You gotta love Football season!!




8 comments:

Lyndee said...

I can't believe he has to practice 2 hours twice a week.
He will have so much fun. He does look so cute in his attire.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

It looks like McKay (and Mckinley and Beckham) was having a blast. The coach seems pretty hardcore for a bunch of 8 year olds.

Unknown said...

Is this flag or tackle football? 2 hour practices twice a week sounds tough but I'm sure McKay will love it. Jason sounds just like Phil - no skimping on the equipment!

kelly l said...

boys sports scares me. not the actual playing, but the intensity level and need for boys to be on club teams with tons of practices and games and crazy coaches. but that said, i'm sure mckay will have fun. hopefully you will enjoy the four hours extra a week of chill time for you. glad to see you guys are having fun in IN.

Lee said...

K.. I finally got to your blog! WOO HOO! So mine is leesspottoblog.blogspot.com
And my family is gone.. we need to do a girls night! I hope you had a fun birthday.

Unknown said...

You've been tagged! Visit my blog for directions!

Ethington Family said...

That is cute, funny and true!
mary

Kelli Schwarz said...

That is so cute! I love seeing that my hubby is not the only one who wants the best when it comes to sporting goods. It's going to be so fun for you guys to watch McKay. He looks great in his stuff! So fun!