Little did we know that losing her front tooth would also bring another tooth problem. For a couple of days Mckinley had been complaining about her back tooth. I thought she had a piece of food stuck in between her teeth or she had irritated the gums a little. After it was hurting for a couple of days Jason tested it and thought we should bring her down to the school to get it looked at. Last Monday we took her down to the school to see her dad. I think she was a little excited to be one of dad's patients. Her pain was real and she needed a root canal on her baby tooth. The staff was so nice to her and they all complimented her on how brave and cute she was. Jason's professor said she did better than most grown men. She did look cute sitting so big in the chair. I wanted to take a picture of her dad working on her but, forgot the camera. Beckham and I waited outside while he enjoyed running all over the dental school, going up and down on the elevator, and yelling in the stair well. I am glad we have connections in the dental field!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Toothy Issues!!
Mckinley has waited a long time to have a missing tooth. Last Saturday, she finally worked her front tooth to the point that Jason could pull it. She has waited a long time and has been patient, considering most of her friends started losing teeth about a year or two ago. Here is her toothless grin. 
Little did we know that losing her front tooth would also bring another tooth problem. For a couple of days Mckinley had been complaining about her back tooth. I thought she had a piece of food stuck in between her teeth or she had irritated the gums a little. After it was hurting for a couple of days Jason tested it and thought we should bring her down to the school to get it looked at. Last Monday we took her down to the school to see her dad. I think she was a little excited to be one of dad's patients. Her pain was real and she needed a root canal on her baby tooth. The staff was so nice to her and they all complimented her on how brave and cute she was. Jason's professor said she did better than most grown men. She did look cute sitting so big in the chair. I wanted to take a picture of her dad working on her but, forgot the camera. Beckham and I waited outside while he enjoyed running all over the dental school, going up and down on the elevator, and yelling in the stair well. I am glad we have connections in the dental field!
Little did we know that losing her front tooth would also bring another tooth problem. For a couple of days Mckinley had been complaining about her back tooth. I thought she had a piece of food stuck in between her teeth or she had irritated the gums a little. After it was hurting for a couple of days Jason tested it and thought we should bring her down to the school to get it looked at. Last Monday we took her down to the school to see her dad. I think she was a little excited to be one of dad's patients. Her pain was real and she needed a root canal on her baby tooth. The staff was so nice to her and they all complimented her on how brave and cute she was. Jason's professor said she did better than most grown men. She did look cute sitting so big in the chair. I wanted to take a picture of her dad working on her but, forgot the camera. Beckham and I waited outside while he enjoyed running all over the dental school, going up and down on the elevator, and yelling in the stair well. I am glad we have connections in the dental field!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
A root canal? Poor thing:(
Brett's dad and my brother-in-law are both dentists. It is soooo nice.
Ouch on the root canal!
Libby will be glad to hear of another "late-losing" girl. She is so sad that all her friends are losing teeth, and hers are as solid as can be.
i always forget that jason is really dr. barney!
Whoa! She is brave, I can't believe she needed a root canal. Poor thing :(
I am so glad she lost a tooth!! So cute!
poor mckinley. glad to hear she lost her first tooth, but hopefully she's feeling better after the root canal.
I can't believe it. How ironic that she needed a root canal. She is a tough kid.
Michelle
I can't believe she needed a root canal! She is brave. I haven't ever had one before and I am terrified of the day I will! I love you family picture at the top of the page. It is so cute!
Post a Comment