Sunday, October 21, 2007

Go Rockies, Congrats Mckay, and Mckinley the Rock Star



This past week we have loved watching the playoff games. We really enjoyed watching the Rockies clinch the National League Title. Our kids have gotten into the action and even Beckham sits and watches the games for a little while! Hopefully the Rockies will keep playing flawless and win the World Series!

This last week Mckay was awarded the outstanding first grader award for the month of October. For his prize he got to eat pizza with the principal and assistant principle and was given a certificate with a Shelledy Bobcat pin. His teacher wrote a really nice note and he was so excited. Congrats Mckay!!!


Ever since High School Musical, Mckinley's new past time is singing. I caught her jamming out with a microphone and her new wig she got for Halloween and I had to take a few pictures. We never know what Mckinley is going to come up with?

6 comments:

kelly l said...

love the post. seth is obsessed with the baseball playoffs as well, but for some reason, he is sticking to his latest obsession with the redsox. and if they don't win, he says then wants the indians to win. whatever. wade and i are for the rockies, so we're looking forward to an in-family battle. and miss ella is obsessed with HSM, so i can relate. i'm thinking of getting her the, as she says, "gab-e-ella" barbie for christmas. and congrats to mckay.

Shelley Reid said...

I miss having you guys as next door neighborsand I miss your kids! Those pictures of McKinley are classic. Dylan would love to sing a duet with her, especially his favorite line, "This is the start of something new, it feels so right to be here with you, oooh . . . "

The Neeleys said...

Don't you just love High School Musical? It really is my fave! Cute pics of all your kids!

Cheryl said...

I loved Mckinley's pics. She's a nut. So cute!

Congrats to Mckay. That is a huge award.

And last, way to go Rockies. I am happy for them and they certainly have heated up at the right time, but I am pulling for the Soxs. Once you've been to Fenway, had a hotdog and sang Sweet Caroline, you're a diehard fan forever.

(Don't hate me!)

Love,
Cheryl

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Those pics of Mckinley are great! I just love her and what she comes up with. Congrats to Mckay on the award. How was his lunch with the principal? I would have been terrified to have to eat with her! Go Rockies!!!

Margo said...

I don't know if you remember us, the Smiths, the ones with the triplets. I found your blog through Melanie's. Your kids are just so grown up and cute. I was always asking Corrie about your family but now that they have moved, I am glad to have found your blog. Your family just looks awesome. Congrats on the running accomplishments. I will never forget how kind you were to us when we first moved in to Abbey Church. Have a great day.
-margo