So most of you know, that my husband is crazy for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Every Saturday our lives revolve around Ohio State Football games. Jason is quite the fan and gets a little out of control. Our family and friends like to come and watch games with Jason, just to see his crazy behavior. He jumps on the coffee table, yells at the refs, call the other team names, and claps so loud (this is so annoying). It is also a game ritual for Jason to call other Buckeye fans (Mike, Zac, Darren, or anyone that will listen) throughout the game. Who knew that four years of dental school would turn into a lifetime of Saturday Craziness.
So, Saturday was no different! The Buckeyes played their rival, Michigan. Most of my fellow bloggers know the importance of this game, for those of you who don't here is a glimpse: Buckeye fans count down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the Michigan game, they chant slurs about Michigan even when they aren't playing Michigan, and one year while we lived in Ohio students set a block on fire and flipped over numerous cars after a victory over Michigan. This rivalry is legendary in college football. So my husband, being the crazy fan that he is, dresses himself and the kids in Ohio State attire. Our morning starts with the Buckeye fight song. At game time our house gets very loud and the kids hear a few four letter words. On Saturday Jason was screaming and going crazy, calling Mike Hart every name imaginable. I threatened to record him and put it on the blog, so everyone could see his craziness. I was nice and only took a few pictures. So here are a few calm photos. For my sake, I am glad they won. Jason was very happy on Saturday with the Buckeyes clinching the Big Ten Title and earning a bid to the BCS Rose Bowl. Hey who knows with the craziness of football this year, if a few teams lose, Buckeyes could be playing for another National Title. If this is the case we will not be going, especially after last years experience.
8 comments:
Yeah Buckeyes!!! It was pretty intense at our house as well. And what's funny is that I seriously said to Zak...I bet Jason's freaking out right now! We had our kids singing "Hang on sloopy" and it was so funny. We were glad for the victory!!!
What a great win! It looked SO cold there. I am sure your gang was happy to be in comfort of your living room watching the game. My cousin's husband in from Ohio and is a diehard Buckeye fan. I think it's so fun to have a team you love. And the way the marching band writes out the Ohio, it's one of the coolest college traditions around.
it just great to read about the love for the buckeyes. we love them here in hawkeye country. And even though justin took morgan on a birthday date down to kinnick for the last home game of the season. (they lost of course) we will be forever cheering on the bucks. tell jason to give justin a call one of these times... he would LOVE it. 319-621-4321.
Hi Kellie! I saw that you left a comment on my blog...this whole blog thing is so fun. I love being able to catch up with what everyone is doing since leaving Ohio. We all have three kids now...so who is going to be the first to go for number 4?!! (we're done!)
Its great to hear that everyone is still buckeye fans...we are all so sad about the loss to Ill. keep your fingers crossed for the Nat'l title :) Happy Thanksgiving!
Hey Kellie... Can I get your address so we can send you guys a Christmas card? Thanks! Anika
GO BUCKS! We had a big buckeye party and watched the game also. So fun. It sounds like Jason would be entertaining to watch a game with - and I thought Chris was bad. Once a Buckeye...always a Buckeye, right?
i'm so glad that we have these football-obsessed husbands. except i don't know how mine became a bigger byu fan while living in ohio. always good to see the buckeyes beat michigan. and now on to the real game of the season. go cougars!
My email address is anika_allred3@hotmail.com. I know, I know... I've been married over 2 1/2 years and I still haven't changed my name- I am lazy! Nate was trying to call Jason to see if you guys still wanted to grab dinner while you guys are here... so call us!
Post a Comment