So maybe I can do more crafty things, if I push myself to do them. I don't think I am ready for a visit on the Martha Stewart show but, I am definitely making progress.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
There's a Little Martha Stewart In Us All
So I don't really know what has gotten in to me? I have done three crafty projects in a week. Most of you know I don't claim to be the crafty type mostly because I lack the skills and knowledge. I admire friends and my mother who are so skilled with their hands and have such creativity. I have never really been creative and pushing my creative thinking is sometimes very intimidating. Lately, I have had a few people ask me what I like to do? What are my hobbies? I pretty much say Running! I just like to run and run a lot. Most people usually give me some weird look like I am crazy and say you don't like to read? NOPE. Do you like to sew? Double Nopes. Do you scrap book? Nope, I tried it once or twice but don't really love it. You get the picture. So in a quest to expand my creativity and my crafty hand skills I took on a few projects. I must admit I didn't do these entirely on my own and I can't take full credit for two of these projects.
My friend Amy helped my friend LeeAnn and I make this cute Halloween Wall Hanging. I just love that I have a fire place mantel and I have been so excited for Christmas to finally hang the stockings from it. So I was so excited to hang this Halloween sign from the mantel.
I have been wanting a cute wreath for my front door but, not wanting to pay the expensive price tag. So I took on the task of making a wreath. This project I took on myself.
So my sister-in-law Heather inspired me to frame my mirrors. My In-law's did my other bathroom mirrors but we didn't do my master bathroom. So I took on this task. I was actually shocked at the results. Thanks Heather for the idea.
So maybe I can do more crafty things, if I push myself to do them. I don't think I am ready for a visit on the Martha Stewart show but, I am definitely making progress.
So maybe I can do more crafty things, if I push myself to do them. I don't think I am ready for a visit on the Martha Stewart show but, I am definitely making progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
They all turned out sooo cute! You are totally going to have to tell me how you did your wreath - I need to make a winter wreath for sure and tell me about framing the mirrors too...and you said you weren't very crafty :)
So you might think you are not that 'crafty' but your fun projects prove otherwise! They all turned out so well. Great job! Is the Halloween garland made out of paper or wood? I LOVE Halloween and am always looking for fun new ideas.
Great job on the mirrors. It is amazing how one small thing can totally change the look of the room.
And I love the wreath. It is always such a good feeling to making something that is lovely and know how much money you saved!
Also, sorry about having to miss the marathon. It must be hard to be away from family again when you were close for so long. It sounds like you are keeping your running plate full and that should help ease the pain.
I am very glad your parents came out to visit. It is so nice to see loved ones in your new 'home town' even if it is only for a day or two.
And I had to write that I read your blog a week or so ago and didn't have a chance to comment, but I have thought about your friend that was diagonosed with cancer and then lost her sister and nephew in a car accident. What terrible news. My prayers have been with her and her family during these very difficult trials. I hope she finds the peace, comfort and strength she needs.
K Kellie.. we just need to do like a weekly crafty thing for us uncrafty girls. That would be cool. And I think you could kick Martha's butt.
I'm totally impressed. Cute stuff! I'm not a crafty girl either, so I'm all for LeeAnn's idea :)
i am so very impressed, especially with the wreath and the mirror and the halloween banner really. good job. i knew you were crafty way deep down.
Post a Comment