Posing while waiting in line at Toy Story Mania at Universal. We waited 60 minutes for this ride and by the end I had a throbbing headache. Thank Goodness for the kind lady from New Jersey, who stood in line behind us, who supplied me with Advil. A large Diet Coke and Advil helped relieve the pain. I don't have fond memories of this ride but, my kids loved it.
Studio Backlot Tour at Disney's Universal.
My kids loved the flash flood and earthquake. Beckham was quickly on my lap the minute the truck started on fire and the water rushed down the mountain. After he realized he wasn't going to get wet he quickly jumped off like he was a big boy.
This is our attempt to get our pictures taken with some Disney characters. Beckham wasn't to fond of them even, Handy Manny and Little Einstein's. This is why I'm posing in the picture. Mckay was too grown up to get his picture taken with characters. We saw Power Rangers in costume doing Power Ranger moves and I asked Mckay if he wanted to go watch or get his picture taken with them and he informed me that he was to old for that. I swear just yesterday he was begging for them at the store, where has my little boy gone?
Mckinley and I posing before Indiana Jones the stunt show at Universal.
Posing in front of the Magical Castle!
The kids posing on the shuttle bus. They enjoyed sitting by each other and listening to the wacky busy driver. Our bus driver enjoyed giving a comic show every morning full of Disney jokes that my kids thought were funny.
Beckham lately has become an entomologist. He loves to look for bugs, study them, and then squish them with his fingers. Here he is examining the cement for any little critters. I must say this is a little gruesome because he likes to show me his kill but, it keeps him entertained.
Posing at EPCOT
Eating Fish and chips at the United Kingdom in EPCOT. I must say this was our best meal while on vacation and we ate them in the middle of the street while waiting for the firework show. Amazing firework and water display.
We had such a good time in Florida and can't wait to go back. It was fun hanging out with the kids at the pool and spending a lot of time with them. I only wish Jason could have been around for all of the adventure. But, he enjoyed his conference and spending time with his colleagues and we all loved the Gaylord Palms Resort. Great Memories!!
10 comments:
What a fun trip! You are so brave to conquer Disney World with the kids by yourself.
Yes Kel, I agree you are very brave to do it all alone. I remember one morning when we were in Disney (the guys were all golfing) so all the women took the kids--it was crazy! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time though. Kaitlyn loved all the pictures. I told her that Beckham didn't really like the characters and she was so confused (how could you not LOVE Handy Manny??). What a great trip! Talk to you soon!
How fun!!! You are very daring to go with the kids and only you!! But only a mother could do it!!
What a fun trip to Orlando. I was glad to see Jason got to go to at least one park. We hated the line for Toy Story Mania and realized that the reason it's so long is because of all the Fast Passers, so next time, get a Fast Pass for that ride too and annoy everyone else in line.
I didn't realize that you braved Disney alone with your kids. I guess they are old enough to not be too much of a hassle. Mine would kill me.
That looks like so much fun.
It seems like everyone is going or has gone to Disney lately :) How fun to "tag along" and take the kids - too bad Jason missed out on some of it, but it looks like you and the kids had a blast!
Wow! DisneyWorld alone with the kids. They are good ages for that, but still, it is never quite as relaxing when you are the only parent. I do a lot alone, but know I couldn't brave that alone with the kiddos.
With that said, I am SO glad (and jealous) that you were able to go. We are planning a trip for next June, and I smile just thinking about it, and it's still over a year away. And we'll have another baby to tag along, but it will be FUN!
I haven't been to Florida since I was about 12. It looked beautiful. Hope the park wasn't too crowded.
And I too was glad to see Jason in at least one photo. All work and no play is never a good set up!
We'll have to go there together someday. Aly
So fun!! We can't wait to go back.
How fun!! That makes me want to take a trip to Disneyland! What great memories for you and your kids! I can't believe how grown up McKay looks in these pictures. He looks like he is getting tall. What a fun time Kel!! Always good to check in on ya. Take care!
Post a Comment