This year, the second grade classes have been involved in a reading contest amongst themselves, within the class, and against other second grade classes. I was so proud of Mckay because he won the top reader in his class. His teacher has really inspired him to be a better reader and enjoy reading. I was impressed with Mckay's 4,800 pages and wondered if I had read that many pages in my lifetime?? A few second grade girls outnumbered McKay for the overall second grade readers. One girl read 25,000 pages, another 19,000, and two others were 9,000 pages. WOW, that is some serious reading. Beckham and I went to Mckay's school to see him get his award. Here are a few of our pictures.
Mckay tried out for a travel baseball team, The Cats, and made it. As school ends our summer will get busier with baseball. There is a tournament every weekend until the end of July but, we wouldn't have it any other way. Jason is in his second childhood and just loves hitting with Mckay, dressing him for practice, and watching the Yankees with his two boys. Here are a few pictures from Mckay's double header on Friday night.
This is a highlight for Mckay. At the beginning of every game the boys huddle up and scream an HSE Cats cheer. Mckay has really enjoyed these boys and Jason and I have loved getting to know the parents. It is going to be a fun summer.

Mckay up to bat. Watching Mckay play reminds me of the many years I watched Jason play. They are so much alike in how they hit, run, catch the balls in the outfield, and dive all over the place. A few of the parents commented on how they hadn't seen a boy as fast and all over the place as Mckay. I had to reply that I had, Jason.

Mckay plays first a couple innings but, plays the outfield mostly. He loves roaming center field just like his dad.

I just love this picture! I think Mckay still had four batters in front of him but, you can never be too ready to hit.

Beckham's favorite event at the baseball games is to find an empty field nearby and play in the dirt. He loves to run the bases, slide in the dirt, and just throw the dirt up in the air. He comes home filthy and so sweaty.

Only a mom would give this dirty boy a kiss!!
Mckay up to bat. Watching Mckay play reminds me of the many years I watched Jason play. They are so much alike in how they hit, run, catch the balls in the outfield, and dive all over the place. A few of the parents commented on how they hadn't seen a boy as fast and all over the place as Mckay. I had to reply that I had, Jason.
Mckay plays first a couple innings but, plays the outfield mostly. He loves roaming center field just like his dad.
I just love this picture! I think Mckay still had four batters in front of him but, you can never be too ready to hit.
Beckham's favorite event at the baseball games is to find an empty field nearby and play in the dirt. He loves to run the bases, slide in the dirt, and just throw the dirt up in the air. He comes home filthy and so sweaty.
6 comments:
How fun for McKay!! We love the baseball season too! I agree - we wouldn't have any other way!
Your boys are so cute! I agree that he looks just like Jason did playing baseball. How fun!
That post is too cute! It's giving me a glimpse of what to look forward to in a few more years...Darin is already hoping Roman loves baseball as much as he does! So does it sound like a chance that you guys will stay in Indiana????! I'll have to get on FB to bug you for an update! ;) You guys need to come out here and see what you think though....Darin and I think you would LOVE it. Talk about trail running! k, I'm done now. ;)
I bet Jason is so proud....he's got a reader AND a ball player. That is so cute McKay has his helmet on ready to bat when there are still all the boys in front of him on the lineup. Great pictures!
I love those pictures! Dirty Beckham and mom is like the cutest thing I've ever seen! I am suprised that you were able to wait until after the picture before you scrubbed him down with clorox!
Jason, kellie and Kids,
hey how is it going? Looks like your enjoying a little baseball under the sun haha! Mckay looks so grown up, he looks like a stud up to bat!! Your kids look so good! Tell them all i say hello! I hope all is well, love you tons
Tyler
Post a Comment