Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Times!!!

Today is a great day at the Barney house.  I'm finally getting my dining room table back and Jason wont have to study anymore (well not as much).   Jason has been studying the past month for oral/written Boards.    He has turned my dining room into a study hall studying 3-4 hours a night.   Today he is taking his boards.  He's probably sweating through essay questions as I write this post.  Here's a glimpse of what my house has looked like the past month.     Endondontic books, journals, and papers all over my house.  I haven't dared touch a thing not wanting to interfere with the chaos.  I really don't know how he finds anything??  


A couple of weeks ago my Grandma Beth celebrated her 96th birthday. She is such a fighter and has lived a full life. I only wish I could see her more often. Doctors say she doesn't have much longer as everything is really starting to go. I hope she last through the summer so I can see her one more time.

Mckay's baseball team played in a tournament two weekends ago. The boys played well but lost a heart breaker in the championship game. The game went extra innings and was a defensive battle. The boys ended up losing by one run with two outs. Mckay played so hard and was diving all over centerfield. He just cried after the game. The boys really wanted to go to Tennessee (as this tournament was a qualifier). I think they were more upset about that than actually losing the game. But, we have now learned that with a second place finish they still might be able to go. Here they are posing with their second place trophy's. These are such cute boys and it has been a fun season thus far.

So, I haven't been able to run the last week or so and it looks like it will be a couple more weeks before I will be able to run. I've had plantar fasciitis for some time but, have ran through it. Well it seems I have done more serious damage. I have actually torn the fascia. My doctor wanted me to wear this boot for a couple of weeks. I brought it home but, I seriously didn't see myself sporting this thing around so I took it back today. McKinley has loved this boot and is disappointed in my decision to not wear it. She keep telling me that I should just follow the Doctor's order and that I will never get better. My doctor said that runners are the most stubborn patients. I must agree I'm very stubborn. So hopefully everything will be back to normal in three weeks for everyone's sake (I'm not a very happy when I can't run). Maybe I can take this time to develop other talents and hobbies like reading ( NOT). Here is a picture of the lovely boot. Would you wear that thing for a torn fascia?? Maybe if my leg was broken.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to wear a boot like that last spring because of a broken toe! They suck!!! Good luck with it!!

kelly l said...

I think you totally should have worn the boot. You could've made it a major fashion piece. Hopefully you heal all up and tell Jason congrats!

Crockett Family said...

Your grandma is adorable... Wow she's a fighter. I hope all is well

Kami Lynn said...

Been there...done that...my boot wasn't quite as large. and I only broke a toe??? Hopefully you have black flip flops!

Celeste said...

You are so funny that you wouldn't wear the boot! You could have totally pulled it off. I hope your foot gets better soon!