Thursday, December 6, 2007
Christmas Movie Night
One of my fondest memories as a child is watching "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Frosty the Snowman" during the holidays. I remember sitting in my basement watching as the lights from the Christmas tree flickered on the television. This was such a magical and beautiful time of year and I can almost feel the joy I once felt as a child. Over the years my Christmas spirit has seemed to fade as I have focused on the trivial matters of Christmas. Having Children and seeing their joy has refocused me on the true spirit of Christmas. Christmas is a celebration of our family, friendships and the life of Christ.
Jason and I have tried to start Christmas traditions for our family. One that I have enjoyed is snuggling up in a blanket with our kids, turning the Christmas lights on and watching Christmas movies on television. Although, the graphics and imaging are outdated they are classic. My children seem to love them as much as I did as a child. Every time, I am drawn back to my childhood and my innocent spirit of Christmas.
Last night we watched "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and ate popcorn. It was fun to relax and enjoy each others company. Beckham loved the popcorn and even sat and watched the movie. Mckay and Mckinley sang the songs and watched intently. It was truly magical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I agree that having kids makes Christmas so much more special. It is so fun to see them get so excited about family traditions!
What a fun tradition! I like those movies too- I watch them now and laugh- they are so cute! When are you guys coming out to Utah?
Cute idea guys! Mike and I need to start something like that with our family. We always end up in Utah for Christmas with Mike's family and have not really been in our own house but maybe once. I am excited to see you guys in Dec. You will have to let Mike know how worth it is was to have braces. He is in alot of pain and can't really eat anything yet. Poor guy. Take care
Heather
That is so sweet. I love watching all these Christmas movies with my little guys too. It does bring all those good memories back for sure!! I bet you do miss all the good cheerleading days. You were so good at it. They have a really cute bunch of girls this year. I am sure there will be some games while you are in town for Christmas. They do compete on January 5th at Timpview High ( I think??) For sure they do compete on the 5th. So good to hear from you. Are you taking break from running for the winter? I always love to hear about your running. It makes me think about when you and Jason helped me make it through the marathon. I don't think I could have done it without you! Some day maybe I will be able to do another one:)
Kellie- We just got your Christmas card last night and it is so freakin' cute! What a great idea to list a few things each member of your family is up to! Our favorite had to be the last one about Beckham being large in stature but still a Momma's Boy! Nate was laughing at that for 10 minutes!
Love this idea! It is so wonderful to make the time during this busy season to just sit and cuddle with your kiddos and make memories. Such a fun night together. You can tell by their smiles they enjoyed it as much as you.
Post a Comment