Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa at the Mesa Mall, Christmas parties, and the Light Parade




So it has been a yearly ritual since living in Colorado to visit Santa at the Mesa Mall. Last year Beckham didn't mind Santa but, this year he wanted nothing to do with him. He has loved Santa and every time we see a picture or see an inflatable Santa on someones lawn he says HO-HO-HO. Obviously he only likes Santa from afar. After the kids told Santa what they wanted we went to the Giving Tree to pick out a few names to give Christmas to. My kids loved picking names that were their age and it has helped a little in sharing the true meaning of Christmas. However, our shopping experience in Target turned into a nightmare. All three of our kids at different times were in tears because they too wanted toys. Hopefully, one day they will get it.


Last Saturday we went to our ward Christmas party. It was fun to visit with close friends and eat pancakes. Beckham loved the pancakes, which is evident in the pictures. We played basketball and the kids ran around. Beckham just loves basketball and our friend Kenny was lifting him up so he could reach the tall rim. He really didn't know what to do.

Saturday night we went to the annual Fruita Light Parade. Our kids just loved this parade and I just like hanging out with friends. After the parade we had a friend Christmas Party at the Keiths. We exchanged wild white elephant gifts and ate a lot of yummy appetisers. We were all pretty pooped after a wild day of Christmas celebrations. Mckinley and her friend Chloe both fell asleep in the middle of the toy room.

5 comments:

kelly l said...

Drew didn't want a thing to do with Santa either. But I think your picture of Beckham is the best. And he looks like such a big boy sitting there eating pancakes. How cute.

Hansen Family said...

I think every mall has that same blue chair for Santa to sit in! Leif did not mind Santa this year, but I am sure next year will be a different story! Those two girls asleep on the floor are too cute!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Good pictures. In a few years, Beckham will look back and laugh at how terrified he was at Santa. I am updating my blog right now - come get some party pics. Chloe and McKinley asleep on the floor is so cute. Sometimes the craziness of this season makes me feel like I could fall asleep on the floor!

Aly said...

Kel- Ellen has a little segment every morning where she shows pictures of kids who are terrified of Santa. You should definitely send this one in! Aly

Cheryl said...

I loved all the new pictures. What a fun Christmas you guys have been having! My girls felt the same way about Santa, but I bet their attitude changes a little on Christmas morning after they see all their new stuff. At least that is what I'm hoping!