Friday, March 21, 2008

Sunshine Tournament in St. George, UT

I have fond memories that stem to my early childhood of the Sunshine Tournament in St. George. My fellow Spanish Fork friends probably have memories of the Sunshine Tournament as well. The majority of Spanish Fork City heads down south to the Sunshine Tournament to support the local high school baseball team, The Spanish Fork Dons. We have continued this tradition over the years and have rarely missed a Sunshine Tournament. It's always fun to be reacquainted with old friends from childhood and high school. Jason loves the tradition of Spanish Fork baseball and I love the warm sun. The baseball and softball teams didn't disappoint, they both were victors of the 2008 Sunshine Tourney. For the most part, we had a good time. We did really miss a few of our good friends Kyle and Aly, Sam and Whit. The trip just wasn't the same without them. This will probably be our last Sunshine Tourney for some time with our big move to Indianapolis and who knows where after that. I forgot my camera so my brother-in-law shared a few photos that he took of the kids swimming. My sister Becky and her family met up with us on their way back home from California. My kids just love Jaryn and Ryan, so they enjoyed swimming at the pool with them and playing with their dog Sadie.

The kids always love the pool. They swam even in 60 degree weather. CRAZY!!!

Jaryn and Mckinley
Beckham showing off his nice chest!

Mckay and Ryan
Mckinley my little fish!

I love this picture of Beckhams feet. Beckham didn't really care for the water. Hopefully, because it was too cold.

7 comments:

Anika said...

Kellie- I put this map on my blog from "maploco" and it tracks your visitors. I had a ton of hits from all these weird places. That's why I went private...

Cheryl said...

Such a fun weekend. I was very happy when Rich told me SF won the whole thing. That's just icing on an already sweet cake.

Swimming in 60 degree? Nutty kids. Loved all the pics.

Glad you got to see family since some of the SF bunch was MIA. Like you said, good memories. Very good!

Tiffany said...

i love that your kids swim in 60 degree weather! Dallin is always telling me how hot it is outside now...ya, kind of twisted when 45 degrees is considered hot!!! We NEED summer! Glad you guys had fun in St. George. Talk to you soon!

kelly l said...

mckay looked so grown up in those pictures. how fun to get away and spend time with family and friends. we need to get together before you guys move.

Unknown said...

The joy of the St. George Tournament.
I remember those days. What Fun! Your pictures of your kids are darling! as always it is great to see how you are doing.
Take Care.
Love,
Melanie

Lindsay said...

Kel-I'm glad Beckham liked the videos so much. Kaitlyn actually likes to watch them over and over again!

This is how I do my collages...download the Picasa 2 software from the internet (it's free). Then from there it will sort all of your pictures for you. It's pretty nice because you can do all sorts of cool editing to your pictures. There is an option for collages on there, let me know if you can't find it.

Hansen Family said...

Kellie, I would love to get together with you guys while we are out there. We are going for Mikes brothers wedding on the 14th of June. He is getting married at some freaking nice restaurant up in big cottonwood canyon. Apparently it is going to be the wedding of the year. She is extremely rich and we can only guess but this wedding is costing upwards of $100,000. Should be interesting. We will be the for the whole week after the wedding until the 22nd. Let us know what your plans are. Looks like you guys had a great time in St. George!

Heather