Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

We had a busy but great Easter weekend. My mom and dad came down to spend the weekend with us, so it was nice to see them. Jason and I are coming to an end on our training for Boston (only one more hard, long week before we can taper)so we had to start the weekend off with a long 22 miles on Saturday. We then rushed to soccer games. Mckay and Mckinley had their first soccer games of the season. It was fun to get back into the games and see the kids play. On Saturday night we went to my sister Becky's for a Weenie roast and S'mores. Her new house has no yard so it was a great place for a bonfire. The kids loved it and it reminded me of all my many memories of Easter on the farm. After dinner, my kids painted eggs and a craft that grandma Marilynn had brought. My kids loved this. Beckham had to get right in there with his paint brush-- he made a mess.
Easter morning, it took Beckham a while to realize that the Easter bunny had left him a surprise (a fire truck push toy that sings, which has gotten real annoying). When he finally saw it he went crazy. Mckay and Mckinley got Guitar Hero for the WII and I am not sure who enjoyed it more the kids or Jason??? They were all rocking out to the Killer's and Guns-n-Roses. We had Easter dinner at Becky's and ended the weekend with an Easter Egg Hunt at Michelle's with friends. It was a great weekend. It is times like this when I get so sad thinking about leaving such great friends and family. I will miss everyone a lot.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the help in getting me started Kellie! Your kids are adorable! Good luck in Boston and tell Jason we say Hi!

Lindsay said...

Kel--I love all the pictures of your kids in their cute Easter outfits. I can't believe how old Beckham looks. It will be so fun to see him and the rest of you next weekend.

I'll let you know how the whole private thing turns out. I'm thinking it isn't that hard to do, we'll see though. The hardest (and most annoying) part is getting everyone's emails. Talk to you soon!

kelly l said...

looks like a fun weekend. good luck with all your marathon training. how much longer until the big weekend? good luck and have fun. and we'll definitely have to plan a get together when you guys are here in june. let me know what days work for you.

Margo said...

That is amazing that you guys are getting ready for the Boston Marathon. Good Luck. Your kids are so cute. Sydney wore the same dress for Easter.

Aly said...

Kel, First of all, I love the new pic, but I have to admit, I thought Jason was wearing a missionary tag when I first glanced at it! I also love your dress. I should have gotten one that day. I still can't quite remember why I didn't. When Zac saw this picture, he said, "Hey, that's McKinley, my girlfriend." I hope she's still planning on marrying him because he's definitely still totally in love.

Cheryl said...

Boston is SO soon! Good luck. There's a guy in our ward here that is running it too. They are so excited to go. I told him about you guys.

Love the new family picture. I laughed when Aly thought Jason had a tag on. Funny.

What a fun Easter. You've got a great family. It will be so hard to leave, but look how fast 2 years goes by. You'll be back in no time (at least a year before me!)

Happy Easter!

jharmon said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend! It looks like you all had a fun time! The family picture was cute. I will be sad when you move! See you next Saturday on the run.
Jill

Celeste said...

Cute Easter pictures! McKinley's dress is exactly the same as the one's Kylee and Aubree got from the big bunny...He must have known is would be super cute on all the girls here! Also, the dishes pictures inspires me to teach my kids to help out more around the house...that would be so nice to have some help with the dishes!

Aly said...

Kel, By any chance, does the Firetruck push toy sing, "Hurry, Hurry start the engine. Hurry, Hurry, drive the firetruck, ......" If so, Zac had the same one and it was the most annoying toy ever!

Tiffany said...

Hey, I love the new picture...I thought the same thing as Aly about Jason and the missionary tag...but then I realized that it was that cool leather bound journal/thinking pad thing that he got in Italy (alright, so I can't remember the official name!)Glad to see that he's still putting it to good use! Easter looked like fun around your house, and don't try to give Marilyn all the craft credit....we all know that you're the real craft queen!! :)

Kelli Schwarz said...

I know what you mean about Guitar Hero. I swear it's addicting to my Jason too. Good Luck with the Marathon. What a neat thing that is. You will do awesome! Hey- Huge favor to ask you. Will you give Lindsay my email address say I can be invited to her blog? I think I left it, but might have gotten left out when she was doing it all. I know it's a pain, but I love keeping in touch with her. Your family is darling, and it looks like you had a great Easter. By the way...Sunshine Tourney is always great!! Kelli Schwarz

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I love your cute new family pic!