When leaving Ohio, I was excited for no more school and student loans but, I hated the thought of leaving so many great friends. I knew I would miss BUNCO with the Ohio girls, Columbus Zoo, Polaris mall, COSI, and Wyandott Lake trips with Tiffany and Kelly, Abbey Church Village and the many great neighbors, sitting through many Ohio State games with friends, talking with Kristy as she cut my hair, laughing at Mike and Jason cruising in the Mazda MX3, watching movies with the Reid's, play dates for Mckay and Dallin (which were good excuses for Tiffany and I to get together) and the many long tedious runs through the hills of Dublin with Tiffany and Corrie. Wow those were some good times. I am grateful that through the world of blogging I have been able to stay in touch with so many of my Ohio friends.
I have been blessed to have many great friends here in Grand Junction as well, two of them being my sisters. Most of our friendships have been strengthened by the many long training runs we have been on together. We have helped each other reach our goals and listen to each other when we just need to talk and vent. I will always remember our Birthday lunches and dinners, St. George Marathon weekend, Sunday game night at the Lynn's or Chapman's, Super Bowl Party, Friends Christmas Party, Christmas Eve Sledding, Oscar Party, gambling on March Madness, girls weekend in Steamboat, Coed Softball, weekend in Breckenridge, trail running with the Frunners, running up the monument at 5:30 AM,enduring many long 20 plus milers, and watching Suzy and Andy go through the temple with family and friends. Thanks guys for making our three years so memorable and thanks to all the many people who have touched my life throughout the years. I truly cherish and love our friendships.
St. George Marathon 2007
Lunch at Olive Garden
Michelle and Carla
Texas Roadhouse Girls Night Out and Michelle's Birthday
Kami and I posing for the camera
Michelle riding the saddle at Texas Roadhouse
Suzy and I post St. George Marathon

Monument Trail with the Frunner's
13 comments:
Kel, You're too sweet. I don't know what I would have done when I moved out to Utah if it wasn't for you. Someday, the stars will align and we'll love close. I feel so blessed to counted as one of your friends. Love, Aly
That was a great post. It's SOOO hard to leave good friends. When we left Ohio, I just felt so empty without you guys. I'm so glad to be one of your friends. I love keeping in touch online. It's made it so much easier to keep up friendships. And i know that you're going to make tons of new friends in Indiana. Only two years and you guys will be back.
Cute post about friends. You are such a sweet person and have so many wonderful qualities about you. I don't envy you leaving, but I KNOW you will make friends wherever you go. (Hey, Chris still mentioned calling and talking to Jason so I will get him the phone number again) Good luck to you guys!
You are such a good friend to everyone and so easy to talk to that you will make a ton of friends in an instant wherever you go! Then you can have even more blogs to read! Good luck with the move - you guys should be good at it by now (:
I can't believe that you have been in Colorado for 3 years already, wow! I miss our old Bunco group! Good luck in Indiana! You should see what they have done with Wyandot Lake now, its now called Zoombezi Bay and is owned by the zoo and it looks awesome...its opening this May. They tore Wyandot Lake down!
You can click on my sitemeter and sign up for your own from there or go to sitemeter.com
Good luck with the move!
Kacie
Oh Kel, that was so sweet! I remember so well how hard it was to leave Ohio and how emotional the weeks leading up to moving were. I can only wish you all the best right now. I know it will only be a short time though until I hear about your new running partners and Girls Night Out friends. You have a amazing gift of friendship! If only the Moms in Indiana knew what was coming their way...they'd be so excited! Can't wait to see you guys soon! Good luck!
Great you made me cry!! I still don't think it's hit me you are leaving. I'll miss you and your family. WE've had so much fun these last three years. Thanks!1 Love ya! Michelle
Kel, I sent you an email with all the pictures from the weekend. Let me know if you didn't get them.
Hopefully none of your kids are sick, Kaitlyn just threw up, great! I have no idea where she got it or what it is.
Anyway, it was really great to see you guys for a few days! Talk to you soon!
Kel, I just read my comment and realized I said love close instead of live close! You know what I mean! Aly
Change is just so hard! You would think after years of having experienced it, it would get easier, but it still hurts. At least you can keep up with everyone via blog. It really is amazing how close can you can feel through a computer!!
kellie, i'm so happy we've stayed in touch. your one of my favorite people from my past abbey church life. everyone is definately drawn to you. how could they not be?? i feel so incredibly blessed as well for all friendships that have came my way. change is hard...just remember there are great people everywhere. tif is right, you are going to be a hit.
we love our friends. they are our family. they have been a huge support system for me living this crazy resident life. and we are saying goodbye to more. i hate this time of year for that reason.
if you are driving to indiana, and have the chance to stop in iowa city, we would love you to see you.
What a very sweet tribute that is. You have so many fond memories! I don't know if it's because I am emotional being pregnant and all, but all of that brought tears to my eyes. Life is such a journey you never know the people you are going to meet and the awesome memories you are about to make. Life is good, and good luck with a big move like that!
Hey Kellie:
Thanks! If you scroll down to favorite links there is a link called blog design. That is were I found out how to make my layout. And I just played with it to figure everything out.
Amy
Post a Comment