Thursday, January 29, 2009

Catching Up!

Being sick, I haven't had any motivation to post anything.  So, now that I feel better it is time to catch up on the past two weeks. 
On Martin Luther King Day we went to the Harlem Globetrotters at Conseco Fieldhouse in down town Indianapolis.  Both Jason and I remember going to this as children and just loving it.  Our kids were the same way, they loved it and got so into it.  Mckinley that night couldn't stop talking about how the other team cheated to try and beat the Harlem Globetrotters and Mckay was practicing all the new moves. Thanks Alan and Beth for the great seats!  

Beckham loved the snow cones.  

Over the weekend we were busy with a gymnastic meet and basketball games.  Mckinley placed in Vault.  Her scores were a lot better than last meet but, there were so many girls in her division that she only placed in one event.  I think there were like 40 girls or something like that.   I am finding that gymnastics here in Indiana is really crazy and competitive.  But, we are having fun.  Sorry the picture is so dark, I was far away.
Here is my lame attempt to get some pictures of Mckay playing basketball.  Every time I record he loses the ball or misses a lay up and then when I don't record he does something great. Anyway, he is liking basketball.  His team is struggling a bit but, Mckay has picked it up the last couple of weeks and leads his team in scoring.  Which I am not sure if that is saying too much because, as I said his team is not so good. But, he is working really hard.

Tuesday night Indiana had the sixth biggest snow storm in Indiana history.  This meant no school for anyone on Wednesday.  Jason was relieved that school was canceled.  He had been stuck in traffic for 3 1/2 hrs on Tuesday night and was dreading the drive into school.  McKay and Mckinley were so excited to play in the snow and had their snow clothes on at 8:30AM.  Beckham wasn't so sure about putting on all the snow clothes but, once we got him out in the snow he loved it.   So yesterday we had a fun day playing in the snow and having some quality time as a family. 
Jason shoveling the drive way.  Good thing Jason was home because I tried to shovel but, my weak arms couldn't lift the heavy snow.
I love this picture!  Mckay loves his ski goggles, Mckinley looks like a snow bunny, and Beckham is eating the snow.
Jason built the kids a snow fort.  They loved it!  Sometimes, it is good that we have snow days that force us all to stay at home and play with our kids.  It was a great day!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Your kids look like they are having tons of fun. That was a crazy storm, huh?

Kellie, send me your email (sarasoelberg@yahoo.com), and I'll send you an invite to our blog. If you want one. :)

Alan said...

I am glad you guys had fun at the game. That was the only downer about going back to LA, was that we were going to miss the Globetrotters.

Crockett Family said...

WHAT is all that snow about? Wow that looks like fun. I hope you are surviving the cold....I'm glad you are feeling better..

kelly l said...

i always wanted to go see the harlem globetrotters as a kid and never did. we'll have to do that sometime. love that you guys got tons of snow. we feel your pain.

Lee said...

The snow storm rocked. Right? Aren't you still loving the snow.

Lindsay said...

Hey it looks like you all had a good time in the snow haha, thats crazy that it snowed that much!! Good thing Jason is well trained when it comes to shuveling snow haha, well i hope all is well with you guys, i miss you tons!!!!!
Love
ELder Tyler Barney

Jason, Natalie & Maicie said...

That is crazy snow..I am ready for Spring and Summer! I hate the winter. Looks like your kids had fun though. I love all your pictures, your kids are so cute. It was fun seeing you guys during the Holiday, hope you are all doing well and feeling better!