To say it has been cold here in Indiana is underestimating the situation. It has been Frigid and miserable. The temps here have ranged from 30 degrees at the first of the week to -5 on Thursday, to -11 on Friday morning. This doesn't include windchill. I believe on Friday morning with the windchill we were close to -30 degrees. Ouch!! All events were canceled for the last couple of days. The kids didn't have school and I haven't been able to run in the morning. I have been bonding with the children a little too much while we have been stuck indoors. Jason and I are both thinking California sounds so nice right now ( yes Alan and Beth we are so jealous)! To make life more miserable, I have had this awful chest cold that I have had since Utah. I just can't seem to shake it. Hacking for hours at night, constant mucus and phlegm, running with a constant cough frightening those around me, and dealing with NyQuil hang overs have seemed to become regular for me. To help the situation we have had a few recommendations. My mom told me to get some Airborn stuff ( Which I haven't done), Jason's friend from school suggested some Bourbon ( If it doesn't get better I am seriously considering it), and a few people suggested rubbing Vicks on my feet ( a little weird). So last night I tried a few combinations-- I rubbed the Vicks on my feet, took some Zarbees, and some Mucinex. Needless to say I was passed out on the couch at 7:3o PM but, I am feeling a lot better today. I am not quite sure what made the difference?? I am positive, it wasn't the Vicks on the feet. It is in these miserable times that I reflect on our fun trip to Utah. Here are a few pictures that I didn't post.
Jason and Mckinley at our Erickson Christmas party. They look so much alike.


The above pictures are of the Erickson grandchildren. Dawna (my sister-in-law) gave all the kids their own Build a Bears. They loved them.
This is a picture my friend Kelly sent me. So cute! I just love these girls.

Here is a picture that I took with Jason's sisters. We laughed while taking this picture because we took it four or five times. Now days, you never know what is going to make it on the internet and none of us want to look silly.


We also got together with some of our great friends from High School. It's so nice that when we come back to Utah we reconnect with these guys and it always seems like we've never been a part. We missed Kyle and Aly. They stayed in NC for the holidays.
Although, Utah isn't exactly warm right now it's where so many of our great friends and family live. Therefore, it brings a warm spirit to my heart. We miss you all and can't wait to see you soon. And pray for a little warmer weather to come our way.
5 comments:
we would LOVE to hook up in chicago before we take off. oh we are thrilled to say that we are finally done with this training stuff and headed to bend, oregon! we have lots to catch up on so stay warm and let's plan a trip for sure!
And I thought it was cold here in NC. Did I mention I am not a fan of the cold? Sorry you've been feeling so crappy, hope you get better soon. We really need to plan a trip up to see you. We had a great time with you over the holidays. Talk to you soon!
Take some garlic pills too! Get the odorless kind so you don't stink. They help build your immune system and shortent the length of colds.
It has totally been cold. And I am glad you are finally going to get better. Girl you have been sick forever!
Kel, I feel so sad and homesick for Utah when I see that pic of all of you guys at Sam and Whit's. I'm so sorry you're sick. It snowed here today! Craziness! I'll email you a pick of our house as soon as I take one!
Post a Comment