Another positive note, we had such a beautiful sunny day today. My car said it was 47 degrees. This felt like a heat wave after the awful cold we have had. People were out at the park walking their dogs, many runners were out in shorts, and more people were out shopping. I'm not going to get spring fever quite yet. It is only the 22nd of Jan. and we have more Winter coming. But, I am relieved that we are having a little break from the cold. It is amazing how health and weather affect so much of a persons well being. I must be getting really old, that conversations gravitate around weather and health.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Feeling Better and 50 Degree Weather!
Since my last post, events are more positive at the Barney household. After a weekend of fever, chills, and body throbs I realized my home remedies and over the counter drugs probably weren't working and I finally went to the doctor on Tuesday. The verdict: Bronchitis. It is amazing how 48 hours of antibiotics, some good cough medicine prescribed by a physician, and an inhaler has changed my mood, bodily phlegm, nagging cough, and physical appearance. I can honestly say on Tuesday I looked as if death was approaching ( LeeAnn can testify that I didn't look so hot). I think many, especially Jason, are glad that I wont be violently coughing anymore and I am glad that I wont be making permanent residence on the couch. I am taking a few days off from the running, this is hard to do but all for better health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'll take 47 degrees. Glad you're feeling better.
Sorry you're feeling crappy, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Antibiotics are great, right? And the prescription cough syrup is amazing! I've been sick for almost 2 weeks, and no doctor can figure out what's wrong with me... dang it!
Nope you are not old, we are just getting wiser and realizing the deep truths of life. At least that is what I keep telling myself!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's never easy to be sick, especially when you are Mom.
It was great to catch up on your posts and holiday adventures. There is just never enough time during trips back home to fit in everything you want to do.
How fun to spend time with old friend from SF, Fruita and Ohio. I loved seeing Jason's family too.
Beckham was a lot like my Kaitlyn when seeing Santa. Luckily Josh had a tight hold of her around her waist, so I didn't have to be in the picture too.
Glad that the temps are getting warmer in Indiana. Yesterday it hit 50 here and, like you said, it was like spring was upon us. I too know it will be shorted lived, but it was a much needed break from the winter blues!
One more thing- your hair is getting so long! I love it.
Hope you are back to 100% soon!
I am glad you are feeling better. And the weather is gorgeous.
Weather here has been beautiful. I bet you miss colorado. We miss you. I'm glad you are feeling better.
Michelle
Jason and family,
How goes it? I just found your family blog from the payson high blog to the spanish fork high blog to your family blog. I am sure you may be wondering who is this guy but thought i would just take a moment and say hello since im just browsing around the internet. you can refresh your memory at isaacandbecky.blogspot.com. i havent seen Nate oldham in awhile but we keep in touch somewhat through facebook. Good to brush by you once agian. Isaac
Post a Comment