On June 23rd Jason ran a trail race in Salt Lake City. The race was 17.5 miles but felt like a marathon. The race started at Memory Grove park (next to the Capitol building) and ran through the mountains above Salt Lake City. The first six miles climbed 4500 feet and the last 11 miles were mostly down hill. A lot of the runners finished with cuts and scrapes from the torturous climb. I decided to forgo this run, I thought only Jason was crazy enough to run this.
2 comments:
What a hard core runner Jason is! I can even see some of his cuts on his leg in the last pic--poor guy! I am really impressed by how far he can run though!
Who was the first man to run through forests? Down mountains, across streams, through fields?
Hunter? Gatherer? Warrior?
Mad with dreams.
Same blood flows through your veins. Same primal breath. Each aching step. I'm sure of it.
Post a Comment