Sunday, July 29, 2007

Spanish Fork Fiesta Days 2007



Even though, I feel like our family has been going 100 miles an hour, we couldn't miss the 24th of July in Spanish Fork. We went up last Monday and enjoyed the city of Spanish Fork's festivities. We started the day with the local 10K race, The Speedy Spaniard. This race was a family affair with my dad, sister Michelle, sister-in-law Jammie, and brother-in-law Tyler all running. We had a great time and I even received my first pay check for all my running endeavors ( a big whopping $20.00). I saw so many friends at the 10k, it was good to talk and catch up with old friends. We then hit the parade and even the City of Fun Carnival. The kids had a blast. Jamie and I through our little boys on the Zipper, they immediately wanted kiddie rides after that. We had a luncheon at the Barney's and my kids went to the play Suesical (I think that is what it is called) with my parents. We ended the night with the local firework show. We love to go to the ball fields and just let the kids run around and listen to the loud music. The Spanish Fork Fiesta Days definitely didn't disappoint.

I ended my stay by visiting with old friends from Ohio. It was so good to see Tiffany, Teresa, and Marli. It was like we had never been apart. Tiffany and I ventured to IKEA and then met up with Teresa and Marli to talk and let the kids play. We ended the night with dinner.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love Fiesta Days. It brings back so many memories of the race, the parade, cheering and working the rodeo. Well, maybe I wouldn't mind forgeting the rodeo part.

Anyway, we have a lot of great memories there together and I am glad you got to be home to celebrate. It looked like so much fun.

Congrats on winning the race. You'll have to buy a cute new shirt or shoes and everytime you wear them thinking about your victory.

kelly l said...

it sounds like spanish fork is the place to be. i think the hinckley parade was definitely the hot spot though (our family reunion was in the parade). anyway, you definitely have to give me a call next time you're in town. it would've been fun to see you and teresa.
kelly