Wednesday, August 22, 2007
First Day of School
Mckay had his first day of first grade on Monday and Mckinley her first day of kindergarten today. They were all decked out in new school clothes and new backpacks, so I ceased the moment to take some good pictures. Mckay has a really good teacher, Mrs. Irion, and Mckinley has Mckay's student teacher, Mrs. K, from last year. Mckay loves that he has three recesses this year and that he gets to take a spiderman lunch bag. Mckinley loves that all her friends are in her class and that she finally gets to do everything Mckay did last year. She came home today and said, "mom I just did a few projects but, they didn't send home any site words" (Mckay studied site words every night last year). Mckinley wanted homework her first night. I was a little sad to see my little Mckinley go to Kindergarten and have Mckay gone all day but, a few moments of peace in quiet in my house cured that. I was definitely ready for school to start and I kind of think my kids were ready as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i'm so sad that seth doesn't start school until next wednesday. school started for everyone else today except for kindergarten. he's so excited. i can't believe we're all school moms. weird.
kelly
Oh Kell, they are getting so big! They just look so old with their cute little backpacks on. It was so nice to spend some time with you all last week. That little Beckham looks adorable with his new hair cut. You and Jason truly have such a beautiful little family!
I think that McKinley has been waiting for this day since she was 1 1/2 in nursery. She is going to do so well in school! They look so cute with their little backpacks. I can't wait for my kids to go to school, but I am going to have to wait a long, long time!
Kellie... McKinley is like mini-Kellie! Your kids are so dang cute! I can't believe summer is almost over and kids are going back to school!! Nate and I still want to come out and visit and do the bike trails! Will you guys be visiting Utah soon?
So, we've been in school now for 3 weeks...it's about time you guys started!!! Honestly though, isn't that quiet time just priceless! Braxton starts preschool next week & the thought of a few hours without him and Dawson fighting - can't wait! Anyway, they look really cute. Congrats on making it through the summer break.
Tiff
Post a Comment