Jason has been reliving his glory days playing in a few softball tournaments this summer. He has really enjoyed playing with this group of guys and being competitive. I haven't been going to the tournaments, because I don't want to chase and entertain Beckham through numerous softball games. After a few guilt trips from Jason and a few of his softball friends, I decided I would venture to one of these tournaments. The tournament was in Silverton, CO, an old mining town up in the mountains. The scenery was beautiful and the town was historic but, there was little to do in a town whose population is only 25 in the winter time. Being in the mountains, it rained the entire weekend and got a little chilly. But, that doesn't stop die hard softball players, they played in the mud. The field (yes there was only one field, that made the Fruita fields look immaculate) was so Gross and at times it looked more like slip and slide. I was wishing for a loss so we could go home and that never happened until the championship game. They lost to a team from Farmington, NM. After a cold miserable day we left to go home and the mountain pass to go home had been closed due to mud slides. We ended up driving through Durango and up through Moab to get home (adding 3 more hours). We definitely felt like the Griswald's on Family Vacation and I told Jason, that was my last softball tournament.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Softball Tournament in Silverton, CO
Jason has been reliving his glory days playing in a few softball tournaments this summer. He has really enjoyed playing with this group of guys and being competitive. I haven't been going to the tournaments, because I don't want to chase and entertain Beckham through numerous softball games. After a few guilt trips from Jason and a few of his softball friends, I decided I would venture to one of these tournaments. The tournament was in Silverton, CO, an old mining town up in the mountains. The scenery was beautiful and the town was historic but, there was little to do in a town whose population is only 25 in the winter time. Being in the mountains, it rained the entire weekend and got a little chilly. But, that doesn't stop die hard softball players, they played in the mud. The field (yes there was only one field, that made the Fruita fields look immaculate) was so Gross and at times it looked more like slip and slide. I was wishing for a loss so we could go home and that never happened until the championship game. They lost to a team from Farmington, NM. After a cold miserable day we left to go home and the mountain pass to go home had been closed due to mud slides. We ended up driving through Durango and up through Moab to get home (adding 3 more hours). We definitely felt like the Griswald's on Family Vacation and I told Jason, that was my last softball tournament.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love that drive through durango. that's how we get to wade's family reunion. you're such a good wife to go and chase kids around softball games.
kel
Post a Comment