Monday, September 8, 2008

Indiana Residents, Crazy Football, and Beckham has Friends for the Day

As of Saturday we are officially residents of the state of Indiana. After much griping I finally got Jason into the BMV to get our Indiana Licenses. Jason had wanted to just keep our Colorado licenses but, we needed to register his car and we missed the deadline in Colorado so we were forced to get our Indiana Licence. He was mad because we both had to take a written test. I can see his point, if I were him I wouldn't want to study for one more test. There are some benefits, it is a lot cheaper to register your car in Indiana (I am always looking to save money) and now we are registered to vote for the upcoming election in the state of Indiana. So, after soccer and football games we ran to the BMV trying to make it before they closed at 12:30PM and so we could get back for the Buckeye game. I am not quite sure if the BMV will ever be the same after our three kids ransacked the place. While Jason and I were taking the test Mckay was playing Bakugan on the floor, Mckinley was doing cartwheels, and Beckham was playing in the drinking fountain and pressing the automatic door button over and over again. Anyway we passed, Luckily, and now we are official.

So Saturday was a Crazy football day. Of course, Jason was stressed to get home from the BMV because heaven forbid we use our DVR for the Buckeye game. When we pulled up to our driveway we noticed out neighbor had a big Ohio University Bobcat flag flying high (Ohio State played Ohio University on Saturday). I laughed because he must of saw Jason's Buckeye flag flying proudly and thought who does he think he is. Well about midway through the Buckeye game I think Jason was about to take his flag down. He was so upset with the Buckeyes, cussing, saying they have no play makers and USC is going to not only beat us they are going to kill us, whatever... I am already about done with football season and it just started. Luckily, for my sake the Buckeyes managed to get a victory. Over the past years we have definitely learned that by being a Buckeye fan there are a lot of ups and downs.




My friend Beth is in Utah for her sisters funeral and her husband and two little ones stayed behind. So her husband could go to work I am watching her two little girls. Beckham has been so excited to have friends for the day. He just loves Lily and is always talking about her. So we headed to Target to get milk, I let them play in the toy isle and get treats and then we went to McDonalds. It has been so fun to have them today, I had to take a few pictures of them playing.

5 comments:

Lee said...

I am an Indy resident too.. crazy huh? We meed to get the van licensed still. And Beckham is so cute with Lily!! Love it!

Lindsay said...

Kel, you're so great to help watch your friends' kids for her. I hope she is doing okay, that is such a horrible situation.

Beckham looks like he is enjoying himself. I need to give you a call soon and chat.

Amy said...

You're much better than me..I still have my NV licence because I do not want to have to take a test. I think it's still good for another couple years. So funny!

It was fun to get together...let's do it again!

Beth said...

Thanks again for watching the girls. They loved spending the day with you guys. Caroline is all about the ant trap.

Let us know when we can repay the favor.

Beth said...

oh, one more thing. Have we talked about the fact that you guys are fans of the Office? I can't believe I just found this out. We have to have an Office viewing party for season premiere.