Friday, September 5, 2008
Life Lessons
Since I have moved here to Indiana I have made some good friends. From our first meeting a few girls and I just seemed to hit it right off. I felt like I have known them for years when in reality it has only been a few months. As of late, One friend in particular has been going through so many trials. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago and last night she just found out that her sister who was pregnant and nephew who was two were involved in a car accident in Utah that was fatal. In finding out about this, I have just been asking Why and how much heart ache can one person take? This poor family has had to endure so much these past weeks. All day I have been thinking about how life happens so fast and one never knows what will come. Events like this, really bring life into perspective and I realize how important my family and friends really are and in one second it could all be gone. The only positive I can take from this, is the knowledge of eternal families and that it is important to live my life with no regrets. Never to leave things unsaid, or wish I would've made relationships better. Tell my kids I love them everyday and spend that quality time that is so important for them and I. Tell my family how much I appreciate them and how much I really do love them. Life is too short to have bad feelings and to be offended. Take the time to enjoy the blessings I have been given. I really can't relate with my friends situations but, my heart is drawn out to her and her family and they are in my thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kellie, I echo so much of what you have said. My heart breaks for her. And it does seem like we have known each other much longer. Tragedy is hard.. but with the gospel we make it through.
I totally agree with every word! I sure hope something positive happens for your friend!
Post a Comment