Monday, September 1, 2008

Football Weekend



Football has officially began! Friday when Jason got home from school he immediately pulled out the power drill got the extension cord and ran outside. This is very peculiar behavior for Jason. For one he never uses power tools without being forced and second he never rushes outside ,with out being nagged, to do anything productive unless it is for running. So I was a little curious to see what all the commotion was about. When I went outside I noticed The Ohio State Buckeye flag flying proudly from the side of our house. I just laughed and said "what is the rush to put up the flag?". He replied that, "on his way home he saw to many Michigan flags up and he needed to get his Ohio State flag up to show all those Michigan fans". Only the Buckeyes can spur him into action.

On Friday we went to the High school football game. The two Fishers high school teams were playing each other so we thought we would attend and see the rivalry. It was packed and we ended up standing in the end zone. My kids loved it. They wore their Buckeye jerseys and brought their footballs. They loved playing catch and running all over the place. Beckham even found a few kids to play football with him. He was tackling them, throwing the football, and sweating profusely. Hamilton South Eastern came out with the win by a touchdown. It was fun to see the spirit of high school football in the Midwest.

Saturday began with Mckay's football game. This was actually his second game. He has really gotten into football and he is even thinking he can play tackle next spring (we will see, that is a big step for Mckay). He has been playing many positions. Mainly he is the safety on defense, and rotates between quarterback, running back, and receiver (depending on the play) on offense. Last weekend he caught an interception. I think he was surprised himself and he just started running. This weekend he was having a little trouble with the snap at quarterback but, did get one throw in. We immediately came home and worked on snaps. I never thought that football would be so fun! I have just loved going to the practices and games. So far we have won one game and tied on Saturday.
Mckay playing Running back!
Mckay Playing Quarterback!
Beckham and Mckinley playing at the game.

Saturday ended with more football. College football began this week and Jason couldn't have been more excited to see his Buckeyes in action. Our whole family was excited for the game. I think this is the first football game Mckay watched intently to every play. The Ohio State Buckeyes didn't disappoint as they killed Youngstown. We did get a little nervous when Beanie Wells went down but, they think he will be OK. After the Buckeye game Utah beat Michigan in a great game at the Big house. It was a great day to be a Buckeye and Utah fan!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope all of Jason's hard work doesn't get torn down by some rival fan!! Football began here also - Phil and his brother in-law bet on the whole college season. We won last year so hopefully we will again this year! Glad everything is going good and the kids are adjusting!!

Hansen Family said...

We have some neighbors here that are also die hard Ohio State Fans!! That of course makes it more fun for us!! Look like you guys have settled in quite well!

Heather

The Teeples said...

I am so glad to see that you are still carrying on the BUCKEYE spirit!! Good Work!! How cool that you can see all types of football. I just love the Fall for this reason-FOOTBALL!!

Go Bucks!!

kelly l said...

Jason cracks me up. And although we don't bleed Ute red, we were glad to see Michigan go down in the Big House. Glad to see McKay having football fun. Don't you love the fall?

Tiffany said...

i love football season! and i love the buckeye flag hanging on your house....we'll have to send you a BYU one to hang along side of it - seeing that McKay is such a diehard fan now!!! :) (Zak's very proud and takes credit you know!)

K, and I love the Beckham pictures. He is SO SUPER cute. He's already changed since I saw him last. You always said you'd have another baby if you could get one like Braxton....well, between the weight and the stubbornness, I'd say you got your wish!

Chapman Family said...

I'm glad you are doing well. I'm so sad about your friend. It does make you appreciate all your blessings.
As for the Ohio State flag, we just need to get him that exited about voting.
Michelle

Chelsea Smith said...

I love the pictures on your blog. I'm so glad I found your blog. Keep in touch!!
Chels
beipensieri.blogspot.com