Monday, September 29, 2008

Mckay's First Buckeye Game

Jason has been so excited to take Mckay to a Buckeye football game. Last Saturday, they finally got the chance to go. Mckay loved it! They got there two hours early so that they could see the tailgaters, the spirit rally, the team warming up, and of course script OHIO. For some of the game they sat by the block (a cheering section of students) and Mckay was standing up screaming with them and singing all the songs. The Buckeyes didn't disappoint and easily beat Minnesota. McKay's favorite players were Beanie Wells and Terelle Pryor. I think Jason was successful in making Mckay a Buckeye for life, as long as they never play BYU.





It was fun to see Columbus, Ohio. When we left four years ago we never imagined that we would ever be back. We took the kids around and showed them places we used to go, where Mckinley was born (OSU Medical Center), the "dreaded" dental school, Abbey Church Village (where we used to live), and ate at the local Chipotle. On Saturday I got up and ran the streets of Dublin. As I ran some of our 20 mile route in Dublin I remembered the many conversations with Corrie and Tiffany and the many great memories there. I ran past Dublin Coffman High school, the Dublin Rec Center (where I used to work), the Church, the Dublin Library and Dublin Main Street. Wow those were some of the hardest four years but definitely some of the best.
This is the Family chowing down on Chipotle Friday night. After we ate we visited with the Lunt family. It was so good to see them and see their cute family.
One of Beckhams highlights of the trip was a visit to the Columbus Zoo. He loves animals so I thought I would take him and Mckinley to the Zoo while Mckay and Jason were at the game. Wow, the Columbus Zoo has had a major make over. It has always been a great Zoo but, it has gotten a little fancier! It was a great time. Beckham loved the aquarium, Elephants and Tigers. Mckinley loved touching the snakes and watching the diver feed the fish in the aquarium.

Beckham decided to make the trip home a little miserable by screaming the entire ride home (going to bed at 12:30 AM and no nap). We have got to get something for our drive to North Carolina in Nov. or we will go insane! But, overall we had a great time and are already planning another trip back.

9 comments:

kelly l said...

i'm so jealous of your trip. how fun to go back. kacie mentioned that the zoo had a remodel. we're planning on a trip to ohio next fall, so we'll have to meet up. i'm glad jason and mckay had fun at the game, and it's definitely good that ohio state isn't playing byu anytime soon. how does jason feel about byu topping osu in the rankings?

Lindsay said...

How Fun! I love the top picture of Mckay and Jason--so cute! I'm glad you guys are able to take advantage of where you live and go to fun places. Can't wait to see you in November. Kaitlyn is going to LOVE seeing your kids.

Shelley Reid said...

Oh I am so jealous. That sounds like so much fun and made me all nostalgic. I miss that place! Dylan and I were looking at Google maps the other day and we looked at Abbey Church and I kind of missed it.
That is so fun that Jason took McKay to a football game, once you go to a football game at the Horseshoe no other football game is quite the same!

Celeste said...

Hi Kellie! I am catching up on your blog and even so far away, some things don't change...Buckeye fans for life and Chipotle! I'm glad you guys are doing good. We miss you!

Unknown said...

How fun for your family to go back and visit! I'm sure McKay loved the game and hopefully it changed him enough he won't cheer for BYU anymore!!

Lee said...

It looks like you had fun!!

And Little People CDs for Beckham.. I will get some made for you!!

BradandMelanie said...

Was this last weekend? I can't believe we didn't see you (just kidding), but we were in Columbus too. Weird. I'm glad I found your blog (from the Amy's blog :) I was thinking that I need your email address so I can send you the picture I took at the Creamery. It turned out cute I think!

Sarah Lunt said...

it was so fun to see your family. seeing the kids was a real eye-opener to how much time had passed! i hope we get to see you guys again before we move. oh and i have a really cute picture of your guys w/ Darin at the game(i'll have darin email it)....btw, why didn't we get a pic w/ your whole family?! see you have to come back.
take care.

The Neeleys said...

Oh I am jealsous! However, I still may get a little too sad to visit. What cute pictures though. Looks like you guys had a great trip!