Sunday, November 2, 2008
Halloween 2008
It seems like we have been celebrating Halloween all month. At every event we have gathered more candy and goodies that my kids have five big bags full of candy. The site of a snicker bar is making me gag, which usually isn't the case. We have eaten so much candy that we all need a good dental visit. It has been fun starting new traditions in Indiana and also renewing some old traditions. Jason and I missed Halloween last year because we were in Italy so, I have been excited to spend this holiday with the kids. Here are some highlights:
This year we went Trick-or-Treating with the Mowrey family. In Indiana most houses build a bonfire in the driveway and the adults sit out by the fire, eat, and hand out candy. This was really cool. It was like tailgating Halloween. Missing our Fruita Family and friends we carried on the tradition of getting together for soup and trick or treating.
A picture of all the cute kids in costume.
My kids getting ready to go out in our neighborhood before we met up with our friends. Beckham really didn't want to dress up. Every outfit he would say "No, I don't like it". So we just put him in his football jersey, hey I am not complaining it was cheap. Mckay is Link from Zelda thanks to Grandma Marilynn who made the costume. Mckinley wanted to be a hippie because that's what Jarynn was last year.
The kids had a carnival at school on Wednesday. It was fun to see the kids interact with friends from school and Beckham loved playing tag with Mckay and a few of his classmates.
On Monday we carved pumpkins. Here we are posing for the camera.


Trunk Or Treat-- Last Saturday we had our wards Trunk Or Treat at the church. The kids played games in the gym and then went out for some candy.
LeeAnn and I handing out candy to all the kids. We dressed up really scary!!!
Beckham and Jason making the rounds to all the spooky cars.
We have had a fun and busy Halloween. Yesterday, we felt overwhelmed with the craziness and we were all a little tired and worn down. Thank Goodness for Sundays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Halloween was fun! And I was like hey.. that's me! LOL. Your kids costumes were very cute. And next year we will all come for soup.
Thanks for coming over. The soup was the highlight of the night.
I agree that Halloween lasted the entire month this year...I think I'm going to let my kids trade their candy for a trip to Chuck E. Cheese or HSM3! Your kids looked darling, love seeing all the costumes.
k- so first of all I have to comment on the Martha Stewart post....KELLY - I am so impressed with you. I always knew you had it in you. So now, no more saying you're not crafty!!! And, it looks like you put all your "craft paints" to good use!!! :) And, I love your wreath....you could go into business - I'd buy one!
Looks like you had a fun Halloween - I love McKinley's pose in her outfit. She's so stinkin cute!
And I love all your pictures at the museum and zoo - I really do miss all those fun things back East. They're just not the same here! Not quite as good!
You HAVE had a busy month - take a breather!
Love ya,
Tiff
What a fun month you had! And just think it is just the beginning of the Holiday Season!!
Love the costumes--Mckinley's wig is hilarious! You guys did have a really busy month. We can't wait to have you come visit in just a few weeks.
drew wouldn't wear his costume either. what's up with opinionated 2 year olds? i'm a little jealous of all the halloween fun. i like the sitting in the driveway with a bonfire. what a fun month.
Everyone out here sits in their driveways too! It is fun to chat with everyone in the neighborhood. All of our neighbors were giving out hot chocolate and treats for the parents. Your kids are cute in their costumes! I too miss the midwest and fun things always going on! It was 80 degrees here on Halloween. Doesn't quite feel like a fall holiday with temps like that!
Heather
It looks like you had so much fun! The bonfire idea is awesome. I wish we did that here. Wow, your hair has gotten so long! We miss you guys.
You should stay up later at night. I have you a sneak peek! Go to my photoblog. And also maybe tomorrow we can get a few of the three? Or sometime? whenever works for you babe.
It looks like you all had a great time. You have been busy, maybe you should take a break. Well you all look great.
Kristie
Post a Comment