Friday, November 14, 2008

Mckinley's First Gymnastic Meet

This post is mainly for the grandparents, well and anyone else that cares to see gymnastic routines. Mckinley had her first gymnastic meet last weekend. I really didn't know what to expect, I thought maybe a few flips on the bar maybe a few back bends. They actually compete choreographed routines on the bars, beam, floor, and vault. I was surprised that Mckinley was able to remember and perform her routines. The parents aren't allowed to watch practices so I haven't seen Mckinley's improvement. I guess the extra money and time are paying off. This will be the first of many meets to come. Next weekend we will be in Madison, IN. This should all be interesting. When I signed on to do team, I just wanted the extra coaching and practicing not so much the competitiveness or meets. Jason surely didn't want the meets, he is realizing that these meets could get really long. Oh well, Mckinley is loving it and that is what matters.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelli, I love the new pictures!! Your boys could be twins!!

Lee said...

Look at her!!! That is great. And I totally need to sign Ains up. Love it.

Aly said...

Kel, That little McKinley in so cute! I think she might be one to watch for Team USA in 2016 or 2020!? The new family pics are great! I'll call and chat soon. Aly

Chapman Family said...

Your family pictures look so cute! Like a music video! Ha! Or maybe a church video. Jason wil love that! McKinley did great!
Michelle

Beth said...

Way to go McKinley!! Looks like all that time spent upside down is really paying off!

Sarah Lunt said...

Wow McKinley, so great! I agree w/ everyone else about the fam pics too, those are gorgeous!