Monday, November 24, 2008

Girls Night in Madison, IN and Decorating the Christmas Tree

This past weekend Mckinley and I went to Madison, IN for a gymnastic meet. We went down with her friend Sara and her mom Missy. Because the meet was early in the morning we decided to stay in a hotel on Friday night. Mckinley was so excited to have a girls night and to stay in a hotel with Sara. The gymnastic meet was good. I don't think Mckinley realized the competitiveness of the meets and that only the top finishers in each event receive medals. I think her eyes were wide open to the possibilities. Mckinley is my very driven child and when we got home she immediately started practicing. I too enjoyed the one on one time with Mckinley and a little girls vacation. Mckinley placed in the uneven bars so I am going to post her bar routine. I promise I wont post every meet and every event, I was just really proud of her and this is mainly for the grandparents.

Mckinley and sara posing after the gymnastic meet.

Missy and Sara posing while eating lunch.
Goofy girls!! I think they giggled the entire trip.



Christmas Tree Decorating
I am usually not one to jump holidays and decorate for Christmas before we have had Thanksgiving but because we are going to North Carolina for Thanksgiving I thought it was justified. I just love having the Christmas Tree up and watching TV with the glistening of the lights in the background. Jason and I both started to get a little homesick as we remembered many Christmas memories. I just love this time of year.
Beckham didn't really help decorate he just sat at the table, watched, and ate Cheezits. Hopefully he will leave the tree alone this year.

The Final Product!!

7 comments:

kelly l said...

have fun in north carolina. who lives down there? we're heading to california and i know i'm going to be totally overwhelmed next monday when i try to start christmas decorating. and good job to mckinley.

Higginson Family said...

Kel,
Hey your christmas tree is so cute! I have my house all decorated for christmas I love this time of year. I can't wait to see you guys and have are little get together. I assume you are going to Kyle and Aly's for Thanksgiving, that sounds like so much fun tell them hi for us. Tell Mckinley she is darling.

Lee said...

Cute tree! And you decorate so wonderfully. I want my tree up.

Lee said...

Cute tree! And you decorate so wonderfully. I want my tree up.

Unknown said...

Girls night is always fun and good bonding times!!

Mike and Amber said...

I love your home! I have to say, seeing your pictures makes me really miss the midwest. You are such a cute family. I love the pictures you had done. If your are in town for the holidays it would be fun to go out.

Amber

Herd of Sheps said...

How fun, it looks like you had a great time!! You have a darling family and I love the new pics you put up! I got your comment about your trip to Utah for Christmas and Ty and I would love to run with you guys. I will email you about the details and feel free to email me at any time as well kellie@1sthomemortgage.net. Thanks Kellie. Happy Thanksgiving~