While Jason was suffering through a grueling 26.2 miles in the snow, I was back home cleaning up throw up. Beckham had the flu over the weekend and of course a little two year old has a hard time making it to the toilet. I did a couple loads of wash that day. One positive, we all had clean sheets on Saturday night. I had to take Beckham to Mckay's basketball game and Mckinley snapped a few pictures. He looks really sick and slept the entire game. I look a little wild in that picture as well. Not the best picture Mckinley!!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Jason's Trail Run in Indiana
I forgot to post about Jason's trail marathon last weekend. He finished! It wasn't the finish he was hoping for but, when he arrived to the race and it was blizzard conditions the goal was to just finish. We had heard that the Tecumseh trail marathon in Bloomingtion, IN was a challenge from many local runners. But, we thought how hard can it be? We are used to the trail runs of Colorado and this is Indiana a flat state with no mountains. Well Jason found out on Saturday that there are big rolling hills in Southern Indiana and that the Tecumseh trail marathon is very challenging. I don't know if it was the combination of Snow and freezing cold temperatures making the trail very slippery or the constant up hill and then down hill that made Jason's thighs really sore. I reminded him that this was his idea. I wasn't dumb enough to sign up for a trail marathon in December and I don't think he will do it again next year. But, we will see?? His time wasn't spectacular in marathon times but he did finish 80th out of about 500 runners.
While Jason was suffering through a grueling 26.2 miles in the snow, I was back home cleaning up throw up. Beckham had the flu over the weekend and of course a little two year old has a hard time making it to the toilet. I did a couple loads of wash that day. One positive, we all had clean sheets on Saturday night. I had to take Beckham to Mckay's basketball game and Mckinley snapped a few pictures. He looks really sick and slept the entire game. I look a little wild in that picture as well. Not the best picture Mckinley!!!
Because we were home bound over the weekend, I let the kids make Christmas cookies. McKay and Mckinley enjoyed rolling out the dough, using the christmas cookie cutters, and of course decorating with frosting.
I think McKay and Mckinley had more flour on their clothes than on the cookies.
When Beckham started feeling better he joined in on the action. Don't worry we used a lot of hand sanitizer and lots of clorox bleach around the house so that none of us would catch Beckham's flu bug. We will see, so far no one has gotten it.
While Jason was suffering through a grueling 26.2 miles in the snow, I was back home cleaning up throw up. Beckham had the flu over the weekend and of course a little two year old has a hard time making it to the toilet. I did a couple loads of wash that day. One positive, we all had clean sheets on Saturday night. I had to take Beckham to Mckay's basketball game and Mckinley snapped a few pictures. He looks really sick and slept the entire game. I look a little wild in that picture as well. Not the best picture Mckinley!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi kellie! It's Melinda. I know we havent seen or talked to each other in a very long time but I think about you guys all the time. I found your blog on the highschool blog and just wanted to say hello. You have a beautiful family. I have just started my own blog. It is so fun to see everyone and there kids. I would love to here from you. Love, Melinda
Jason is crazy. Nothing about that marathon sounds fun. Even just the marathon part. Let alone the trails and the freezing cold!
So glad Becks is back to his old darling self again.
Kel,
I love your haircut. Kyle and I both think you look like Marilynn in this picture. I'm sorry for your terrible day. Life can be exhausting sometimes! I'll let you know about my dental woes as soon as I find out. Thank goodness for Dr. Barney!
Dude that is amazing he ran that. And I am glad the Beckham wasn't sick for too long.
Post a Comment